IGNORED

just got a 32x

i got a 32x today at fleamarket for $32.it was in the box and the box was not sealed but the 32x itself and the accessories were sealed.i wasn,t sure if this was a good deal or not but i got it anyway.at the moment the only game i have is doom which i got fdfor $2 separately and seems to be a good game.i was wondering if anyone could recommend some other good games to me and i'd also like to know if there were any rpg's released for 32x?

There were no rpg's on the 32X. From what I've heard there was 1 32X game made in Japan, but I can't recall what it was or if it is compatible. I've only seen two 32X games played in person and they are "Blackthorne" and "Virtua Racer". Both looked considerably better than the 16-bit graphics of Genesis or Super Nintendo. Mortal Kombat was also released for the 32X and it is supposed to be a very good port of the arcade classic.

There were no rpg's on the 32X. From what I've heard there was 1 32X game made in Japan' date=' but I can't recall what it was or if it is compatible. [/quote']

"Romance Of Three Kingdoms IV". It's not compatible with a US system.

If you're looking for recommendations, I'd say Virtua Racing (Supposedly the best home version of the arcade game... better than the Saturn version by all accounts), Virtua Fighter, Space Harrier, Doom (Assuming you don't already have a better version), Star Wars Arcade, Shadow Squadron, Mortal Kombat 2, and T*Mek (only because it's the only home version that ever came out of this great arcade game)

--Zero

There were no rpg's on the 32X. From what I've heard there was 1 32X game made in Japan' date=' but I can't recall what it was or if it is compatible. [/quote']

hmmm... are there any adapters to play this on a us 32x? and is this a territory lock out? if so, in the genesis or the 32x?

hmmm... are there any adapters to play this on a us 32x? and is this a territory lock out? if so' date=' in the genesis or the 32x?[/quote']

There are no territorial lockouts between JAPANESE and AMERICAN systems... Gekijoban Sangokushi IV (the Japanese name for the game) will run just fine on an American 32x... it's all in Japanese, though, and not the type of game one can play if one has no knowledge of Japanese.

Some UK games will play on a domestic 32x (like FIFA Soccer) while others won't (DarXide)

I personally prefer Saturn Virtua Racing to the 32x version... more tracks and cars.

I personally feel that Shadow Squadron, DarXide, Blackthorne, Kolibri, Virtua Racing, and especially Virtua Figher are the best 32x games. VF really shows what the 32x could do. Too bad it got caned before it could show its full potential, but it was a bad idea to start with.

post-3791-1083785281_thumb.jpg

I personally feel that Shadow Squadron, DarXide, Blackthorne, Kolibri, Virtua Racing, and especially Virtua Figher are the best 32x games. VF really shows what the 32x could do. Too bad it got caned before it could show its full potential, but it was a bad idea to start with.

Blackthorne was a fine (and might I add, very difficult) 2D platform action title, but there really wasn't anything impressive about it at all. It was essentially on par with the SNES version.

What made it so difficult? Well, poor planning and/or items management could cause you to be stuck on some sections, and the overly fluid animation made control a bit laggy (a case of too many frames of animation), particularly when switching weapons and jumping.