IGNORED

want to download MAME32 - what all do I download?

chrishicks

great. thank you for the help. now another question: do all the roms have to have the same # or can I use some that are .81 and others that are say .74? I will probably just send some discs to someone for a complete set later but I have some roms on my pc now.

great. thank you for the help. now another question: do all the roms have to have the same # or can I use some that are .81 and others that are say .74? I will probably just send some discs to someone for a complete set later but I have some roms on my pc now.

Depends on the game' date=' some roms for older versions have changed or will not work. Most probably work.

Some games require multiple roms.

why not check out the Mame FAQ here

http://www.mame.net/mamefaq.html

If a particular rom doesn't work' date=' then you need another version of it probably. That's about it :)[/quote']

I also noticed that mame doesn't remember where to look on a network drive after the computer is shut off and turned back on. I have to research for all my roms from the network drive before any of them will work. And with 4000+ roms it takes about 5 minutes to search for them all every time I start mame.