IGNORED

How up to date is the rarity guide on Atari Age anyway?

dgo

It seems to me the rarity guide is a bit out dated. A new game like Alpine Games for the Lynx should be added in my opinion. Also, I send in some missing pics as a contribution, but no response whatsoever...

Do they still maintain this part of the site?

Yes, Alpine Games definitely needs to be added, I will do that this week. I intended to add it before PC5, but got caught up with preparations for the show and dropped the ball on it. I also just located the email you sent with the Alien vs. Predator proto and Electrocop box photos. Is that a legitimate prototype or a copy made on an Atari EPROM board?

As for the Electrocop box pictures, I would prefer to get scans of the front and back so they are consistent with the rest of the images in our database. Do you have a scanner? Seems that we're only missing a few Lynx box scans:

- Raiden

- NFL Football

- Ms. Pac-Man

- Electrocop

- California Games

- Baseball Heroes

It's odd that Electrocop and California Games are missing, since those are both two very common Lynx games. It's possible I couldn't find my boxes for those games when I was originally working on the Lynx section. I'll need a scan of the "box" from Alpine Games also, if someone has it (I don't yet have a copy, need to work on that.. )

Thanks!

..Al

I'm afraid I do not have a scanner nearby.. so the only thing I can supply you with are hq pictures of the boxes of Electrocop (and Baseball heroes, Alpine Games for that matter (and cal games off course lol))

As for the AvP proto: Good question. I was just discussing this with another collector the other day.. We couldn't find a way to really confirm the authenticity of the proto (or any of the other proto's for that matter) even when it's printed on a (so it seems) original Atari Lynx Eprom card. Any suggestions and help is appreciated! Here's hires pics (@500k each)

AvP Front http://www.xs4all.nl/~bakkerp/Images/proto...o/AVP_front.JPG

AvP Back http://www.xs4all.nl/~bakkerp/Images/proto...to/AVP_back.JPG

For instance, I bought some proto's from b&c, are they genuine?

Finally, I stress the fact that no flame was intended with my post, merely a concern about the 'completeness' of this excellent site (us collectors have a weakness for things being 'complete' as you might know :D)

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Hmm thanks,

That's what I suspected based on their price which is around $25 / proto which would be

quit cheap I thing for an original...

I'm still very interested to know how to tell the difference..

Hmm thanks' date='

That's what I suspected based on their price which is around $25 / proto which would be

quit cheap I thing for an original...

I'm still very interested to know how to tell the difference..[/quote']

You usually can't. The only way to increase your probability of acquiring a "genuine" prototype is to buy from a reputable collector.

A new game like Alpine Games for the Lynx should be added in my opinion.

Okay, I have added Alpine Games to the database. I would like to get higher-resolution scans of the box and the cartridge, though, if someone wants to help there. :) Also, I need to write Duranik and ask them if it's okay to post the manual as well.

..Al

• 2 weeks later...

I,ve got a recent copy of raiden here and a scanner but the scanner is having real issues with the cartriges I,m able to e-mail the box scans if you like . Could also do c/games although the box is well used also i notice no cge i,d be happy to scan that too if you want