IGNORED

PAL vs. NTSC

birdie3

I have noticed that the AA rarity guide only lists Sentinel and 32-in-1 as PAL - no other games that I assumed are also PAL are not listed. Previously I was under the assumption that there are many other PAL formatted 7800 games and that one should be careful when buying games because many of them are PAL. Does this mean that all other 7800 games available are NTSC (including ones that I see on ebay) or is there a difference?

The remaining games (at least 95%) listed in the AA rarity guide are available in both PAL and NTSC. Rarity on PAL games are actually quite a bit different than good ole US games. For example, Donkey Kong games are rare over there.

This is a good way to pick up the boxes you need for your loose carts. Buy the common PAL Planet Smashers, Ikari Warriors boxes on ebay and put your loose rare NTSC games in those boxes...

Most pal games are sold overseas. Look for the GBR/ AU/ AUS tags on ebay listings to clue you in.

CV

Damn it, why is it that rare games over here like Fatal Run and Planet Smashers are so common elsewhere? Why'd the PAL countries get special treatment?

I can assure you that Australia got anything but special treatment for the 7800, As far as I am concerned all the games are rare. Ikari? Common? No way in the world is this common. The most common are fight night and ace of aces, The rest are indeed not.

You may also notice there are considerably more collectors in the states,,,,,

Yeah, Ikari is rare in Aussie land. But that just goes to show you that we all got screwed one way or the other.

CV

PS: That reminds me. Why are my daughter's morning children shows bombarded with Australian programming? The Wiggles, the Koala Brothers, good Lord make it stop. ;)

Yeah, Ikari is rare in Aussie land. But that just goes to show you that we all got screwed one way or the other.

CV

PS: That remonds me. Why are my daughter's morning children shows bombarded with Australian programming? The Wiggles, the Koala Brothers, good Lord make it stop. ;)

Fruit Salad - yummy yummy 8)