IGNORED

ATARI DREAMS

ANTHONY ATARI

Perhaps this means I'm too obsessed with finding Atari games. However, with thrift shops being so dry the last few years, I have been having these dreams:

About once a month or so, I usually have a dream about going to some store (like a Pawn or thrift shop) and finding a bunch of super rare and cool looking Atari games. It's usually a pretty fun dream. I'll buy all the games. But then I'll start to wake up and realize it was just a dream again- what a disappointment :(

Does this happen to anyone else?

It's when you start playing them and remembering them after that you have problems...

What's the high score on "Magic Ass"?

I've actually changed the name of one of the projects I am working on (when I have some $%^&ing time!) to 'Mad Barry' based on seeing this title in a stack of games in a reef store dream...

I can still remember a dream I had YEARS ago. Like probably when I was 10 years old. I was on a dock overlooking the ocean. I think I was fixing to get aboard a ship or something. My grandmother was there and she handed me a big card-board box. I opened the box and it was full of Atari games. I can remember in the dream I was telling myself this had to be a dream, but then I looked around and it was so real and I said I needed to pinch myself which I did and then I knew it was real!!! Until I woke up... Man I went from being the happiest kid in the world, to the most disappointed.

I posted my dream here once about when I was a little boy, I broke into a K-mart late at night and went right to the Atari 2600 kiosk and it was full of games, I pushed it right to the large window I had broken, but when I looked out the window, the truck I had was gone, which is weird because I was too young to drive.

:ponder: :D :?

I think that everybody has had one of those dreams in their life. I've even thought of a game called "Dreams", where right when you get to the ending, it kicks you to a screen reading "And then you wake up". Of course, the rest of the game would have to be really cool....

I think there was an arcade game similar to that idea where the character was fighting in a dream world to save the people of a specific kingdom.

I had a similar dream a few times where I walk into a store and they have a lot of advanced Atari items that were never created in the real world.

I have dreams along those lines, but I'm usually dreaming about getting a really great deal on a neat vintage car of some kind. These dreams are usually filled with "how am I gonna explain this to my wife?" anxiety. 8)

-S

I remember that I dreamt about finding a Waterworld in the wild only to wake up and see no such thing.

Another dream I had is where I came across a prototype that no one knew about.

But sometimes, dreams have a way of coming true. Who knows?

It is kind of weird cuz I had those dreams "A LOT" last month and it was

2600 and FYI Trip Cannon, Master System games as well!

Do you think that something really big is gonna turn up because we are having

these dreams? or do you just think dreams are dreams?

Whatever it's really spooky! 8) :) :skull: :?:

Oh man, I have video-game dreams all the time.

Usuallly mine are about Sega games, but Atari dreams show up frequently.

The absolute weirdest dream I ever had was a game of Tetris going on, and Sonic was running around in the puzzle. He had to get away from the falling blocks, and when he got trapped, if he did it fast enough, he could bounce-attack his way out.

...that game never actually ended until I woke up.

I have atari dreams somtimes.

Off topic. Have you ever had a dream that when you woke up you didnt know if it actually happend or not? One night I dreamed (I think) that the phone rang at like 3:30 am and I unpluged the phone and then went and put some dominoes in my closet. When I woke up the phone was unplugged and I remembered the "dream" about doing that. The odd thing though is that I dont have any dominoes yet I clearly remember putting them up. I dont really like to think about this too much because I cant clearly draw a line between what actually happened and what didnt....Freaky.

-Tim

I think that everybody has had one of those dreams in their life.  I've even thought of a game called "Dreams", where right when you get to the ending, it kicks you to a screen reading "And then you wake up".  Of course, the rest of the game would have to be really cool....

That is what happened when you beat Super Mario 2 on NES/SNES(Mario All Stars)

I had this dream not too long ago where Janet Reno, nude and dripping in chocolate, was sitting in my living room playing Custers Revenge and singing "Sometimes you feel like a nut... sometimes you don't".

I haven't slept well since.....

Mendon

I had a really wierd dream last night. I dreamt I was actually in the E.T. game for the Atari 2600. I wasn't any of the characters, just myself. I remember trying to avoid the agents and following E.T. and getting stuck in a pit. In the dream, there were creatures(scorpions) and other unrecognizable creatures in the pit that I had to avoid while I was climbing out. It was really wierd seeing things as an Atari character would see them, all in 4 bit.

Kind of like being in a matrix or tron world but with Atari graphics.