IGNORED

Trouble with N64 gameshark

Hi

today i bought a nintendo 64 system with diddy kong racing and a gameshark at a pawnshop. no papers were included just the carts and all hook ups. my only problem is i cant get the gameshark to work. when i put it in nothing happens on the tv but the cart lights up and i can see the number 8. i tried it without putting the game on and it is the same. i dont know what version it is but it has a red shiny label and a small button. when i tried everything it was not loose or anyting everything was snug. any words of help would be extremly helpful and happy to me. thank you and for forever more. :)

Some carts require you to plug in other carts into the N64 Game Shark in order to activate code keys so you can use it for the codes on the games that require code keys. I'm not sure what to suggest on that situation, except that you might have:

(1) A cartridge that needs a code key to be activated;

(2) A Game Shark that requires a certain game with a code key activated; or

(3) A Game Shark that just doesn't work with any game.

well for now i think its number 3 since nothing comes on the screen but green .unless i get another game and try it out then. hope it works i dont want to buy one off the internet and wait for weeks since they are hard to come by here. but thanks for your advice

i already did sorry for any misunderstanding. when i put it in with the game the screen turns light green and thats it. without the game in the gameshark the tv is just black. both times the gameshark has an 8 lit up. thats all that happens no menu or anything just light green and nothing. i cleaned the contacts a second time and i got everything the 1st time. as Ned Flanders would say "This looks like a noodle scrathcher."

I had the same problem when buying a used GS at GameStop, it never worked even with any cart I had plugged in! I took it back, and said, "It doesn't work!" He look at me wierd and he took it back. I bought another one (brand new, shrinkwrapped 'Pro' version) and that one didn't work either. I could never figure out what was wrong with that GS/Pro. :)

I noticed that there are alot of carts that wont work with the N64 action replay/gs at all. I think it also depends on how old the gs cart is, Mine is one of the 1st ones which is not compatible with alot of carts.

It was all in the first post. You need another game like goldeneye. Some games for the N64 have lockout chips in them. you need to insert a game that doesn't have a lockout chip, like goldeneye, to activate a key code which can bypass the lock out chip so you can put codes in your game. Many games have this lockout device.

1.Get a game that doesn't have a lockout chip (Goldeneye is one I'm sure of.)

2. Put it on the gameshark and boot it up.

3 If it doesn't work, blow on all contacts.

4. Scroll down to key codes

5.Select Didy Kong Key code

6.It should tell you to turn off your system and replace the game with the one you selected.

7.Turn on and use

*WARNING* If you select a Keycode for a game you dont have, the Gameshark will not function till' you put that game on the Gameshark, and play it.