IGNORED

fixing a mattel intellivision

i bought an intellivision and some games for 9$ at a thrift shop. i got it home, pluged it in, turned it on...and nothing.

i was extremely distraught as it was my first intellivision, i really wanted this to work out

so i opened it up, cleaned it, checked all the connections. the power supply looked fine so i opened it up further to look at the mainboard. towards the bottom left hand corner it looks like a small bomb went off.

does anyone know where i can find technical documents on a model: 2609 mattel intellivision? i want to try and repair it...but what im guessing used to be two transistors are now smoken ash.

im looking for a detailed schematic that lists all the components, if anyone could help that would be awesome.

#1: is there a game cart? You'll get nothing without a game

#2: Since the cart port is mounted so close to the bottom, it's dust magnet. :P People who places Intellivison on the floor would pick up a lot of dust. Really clean those cart port. Pretend you found some pubes in it and you want to get rid of any uncleanness of the previous owner.

#3: weird power supply setup makes simple troubleshooting not so simple. Add to that the main transformer is always running even when the system's off increases the likehood the power supply would have died.

Keep that Inty for spare part, those controller are flaky and if the replacement Inty you get works but the controller doesn't, you could swap it. You'd have to take out bazillion screrws and dismantle it just to remove the controller and do remember how the cables were routed out you'd have a hard time putting it back together..

thanks for that link, i got exactly what i needed.

and yah theres a great chance i wont be able to fix it, the power supply works fine and that edge connector is also in working order...but the logic board is fried...you can see that within the blast radius the actual pcb is cooked a dark brown.

i guess its just a matter of how much of it is damaged.

If you want to try and modify the power supply so it's not running when it's off, remove the wires from the switch and connect them straight through. Then cut one of the line from AC plug and put it across the switch. That way, when the switch is off, the power won't be running at all.

I checked the Inty3 I hacked last year, the switch has more than high enough rating to handle 120Vac.