IGNORED

Found an odd PCB in one NES cartridge

Hi everyone. I was cleaning some NES cartridges today and ran across this one:

nintendo.jpg

Out of around 300 or so, this is the first one that I have found. Does anyone know if other games than Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt used this PCB? I just though that it was odd looking.

Tony

I have a Pinball cart (with a Famicom converter) that has the black epoxy as well. Personally, I think less than 1% of all NES games used the black blob because that's about how many I've found out of the few hundred I've opened.

SNES OTOH is more like 50% of what I open has the black blob. Cart that uses game save rarely have any black blob though.

post-4031-1084072025_thumb.jpg

The secret is out, Nintendo used epoxy at times. Actually, for any non-complex mass produced cart Nintendo could use epoxy. However, I have only seen early NES and GB carts to use glop tops. Typically the ones that use glop tops are usually mapperless games. (Super Mario/Duck Hunt uses a simple mapper.) I know that Tetris for the Gameboy came in a glop top. I would not be surprised if Super Mario World also came in glop top form.