IGNORED

Do certain games not show up in new MAME revs?

Zaxxon

I used to have a bunch of other games in an earlier version of MAME but sometimes when I upgrade to a new rev. they don't show up in the menu, even though I never changed the name of the rom in the rom folder. I can't get the Midway version of Burgertime to show up, no matter what, and I'm using the naming conventions listed at the MAME site. btime and btimem do not work. For some reason I can get the Data East DECO version to work though. Any clues?

If you look hard enough there are sites out there that zip all new and updated roms together and offer a single download that you just extract into your roms folder, overwriting any outdated roms - works best if you have a good base-set for the version you are upgrading from to begin with.

Otherwise just use usenet.

My romset is .76 and it runs fine on mame32 .79  

The majority will run fine, but there will always be removals and changes that render some games unplayable, such as this change from .75 to .76 that affected Gauntlet.

I dont know if that specific change will render it unplayabel, but its that kind of thing, along with re-dumps, that usually makes legacy versions unplayable.