IGNORED

Tron Game for the Atari 2600

Atari Charles

O.k. This may seem a little odd or insane, but I do think someone in the homebrewing community should make a hack of a Tron game for the Stari 2600 featuring thsi individual:

http://www.ibiblio.org/jmaynard/TRONcostume/

The cartridge cover could show him in one of his various poses with added joke graphics. Get the guys permission to use his photo for the game.

I think this would a a great and funny idea.

Any thoughts???

post-4697-1084224762_thumb.jpg

That Atari graphic is excellent. It depicts the Tron guy perfectly.

Actually this Tron guy is the program used to calculate interest rates for store credit cards. That's why he has a gut, because of all the interest he is calculation and making for the Master Program.

Atari Charles

P.S. Now we need a screen for this Tron warrior. Perhaps the screen for Berzerk would work?

Seriously. I think we could make a game based on this individual. We should probably find out what he doesn for a living and get his permission for the go ahead. This game could literally be a joint effort game from a lot of the members here to make a game based on this guy.

We could use the template for Tron, or for Berzerk, or even for Pac-Man. He could go a round eating donuts while the ghosts(which would be changed into) other progams from Tron(maybe those tanks or other Tron humanoids) that woudl chase him around.

Berzerk would work well but just enlarge the graphics by 2X.

So who wants to be in on this?

P.S. When the game is completed in Cartridge form, we could send him a complimentary copy.

I'll try the Z26 program and take a look at the Tron Images.

So why don'y we form a group of about 5 people to actaully work and this game and make it a reality.

I can do the legwork to get the Tron guy to OK and endorse this game. I can also do the story line, manual, Cartiridge cover design.

Who wants to do the Graphics?

Who wants to work on the Programming aspect?

More than one person can work on each aspect of the game. I guess we should find out who is able to do what. I'm great with storylines, cartridge cover art, etc., but I am inexperienced at this kind of programming code. I can also do all the legwork getting in contact with Tron Man, and discussing with him for permission to use his image on cartridge cover and manual. I think he will be flattered.

So who's interested?

PM me or post here.

My thoughts

salstadt---That graphic is excellent of Tron Man or whatever we are going to call him. Would you want to do the graphic portion of the game?

Greg Zumwalt--You have some good knowledge. What do you know about programming?

And the other posters. Some good ideas and funny jokes. What do you know how to do?

If you guys will work with me on this. I'll make sure this cartridge becomes a reality. More than a Rom but in actual cartridge form. There's no big money to be made on this game, but whatever the profits will be, we will split them evenly or if any of you want, put them towards Charity or towards a Groin-cup for Tron Man.

So let's here some opinions and ideas.

Atari Charles

I got the Z26 emulator to work. It sounds good and looks good but is clumsy to use to first start the games.

I took a look at the digitalized Trom Man pictuires and they are excellent. If the Atari 2600 can handle it and if there is enough space on the cart, then one of those images would work very well as a start-up page before the game starts.

Again, everyone let me know who is on board for this game and then we will go from there.

Atari Charles

"salstadt---That graphic is excellent of Tron Man or whatever we are going to call him. Would you want to do the graphic portion of the game?"

I will do any art anyone here ever wants for ANYTHING that will end up as a 2600 game. I am absolutely and utterly enamored with the console so whoever needs art for a demo, just message me whatcha need and I'll get on it.

- Adam

O.K. Here is how I think we should set it up:

Atari Charles--Storyline and text for manual, contacting and getting go ahead from Tron Man himself to use his image on the cover of the cartridge and in the manual, genral layout of game(in non-programming language). I'll also contact Atari Age when we get closer to completion for distribution. I'll manage the promotion and business side of things as well. After all, we want this be an actual cart sold on Atari Age.

salstadt--graphics and graphical ideas for characters to be used in the playing part of the game

Out_of_Gas--Cartridge labels and the hack portion of the programming. Working with Greg Zumwalt(if he chooses to be a part of this) on the background graphics, and converting "salstadt's" character graphics into usuable Atari graphics.

Greg Zumwalt--(if you want to be in on this. I hope you will!), hack portion of the programming (I am hoping you and Out of Gas can work together on this one). Background graphics and converting "salstadt's" character graphics into useable graphics for the Atari 2600.

Who wants to do the sound and music for the game? I was thinking an intro page with the graphicization(provided by Greg Zumwalt) with some background intro music before player pushes his joystick to start game.

Any other suggestions?

Also, since we are going to do a radical hack of an existing game, what are some good games that would work?

PS. I'll come up with a better name than just Tron Man. I want to have Tron Man in the title but with more to it than that.

PS. I'll come up with a better name than just Tron Man. I want to have Tron Man in the title but with more to it than that.

(ones based on the existing games:)

Tron Deadly Dick (or Deadly Doodle)

Adventures of Tron Man

(others)

Tron Man: Central Procssing Unit

Tron Man's Floppy Discs

Tron Man: Cooling Fan

Of these, "Tron Man: CPU" is probably the best, with Adventures of Tron Man being second. CPU sounds techie and is a reference

Hey, I have an idea....

Tron Man: Buffer Overrun

A mostly-color hack of Squeeze Box (I like salstadt's graphics, but it does use an awful lot of colors...

This faked screenshot is pretty plausible, and I'm sure others could do better with the minor graphical changes (tried to give him a mustache and glasses...the body was largely there already :-) ) including a futuristic gun.

post-1875-1084628759_thumb.jpg

Just a note (can't edit posts these days)...the scenario for "Tron Man: Buffer Overrun" makes more sense than the original...plus it's very remiscent of the MCP Cone level from TRON the arcade game already) (heh, apparently Tron doesn't need a seperate gun....)

I like the name, which is A. a legit computer term, B. that fits the gameplay pretty well and C. could also be refering to the original Tron Man's...err, overflowing nature.