IGNORED

Needs Pictures...

EricDeLee

I tried google, but came away with nothing. Anyways, I'm looking for a picture of a Golden Axe II arcade game. The one I am buying is different than I've seen anywhere else. It has two monitors and it is kind of like a tournament game. The monitors are not side by side, they are offset to each other so that each player can not see what the other is doing. There is a big marquee on top (behind tinted glass) and it is a rather huge machine. This is part of a bulk buy... but I was wondering if there are any other pictures out there on the net that are like it...

No... it's not two cabs connected now. It was designed that way. I'll have to go back today and take a look at it. I was just hoping to see if it was an original game or if it was thrown in the cabinet. It looks cool... that much I do know! Plus the two players won't be bumping elbows

Whoa! that is definatly NOT Golden Axe 2! That is completely different from

the Mega Drive/Genesis version! I have never seen that fork man before! :o

There is (I think) an actual Golden Axe 2 arcade machine because I saw it in a chip shop

one day and no this wasn't so long back either! however I dont think I'll be going

back that way again as it is too far out! (I had a friend who I fell out with!)

Also when I ask one of my mates about it he remembers playing it in the arcades!

I had no idea that this cab was undocumented! I thought it was as well known

as you can get!

However the one I saw only had one screen and a normal joystick board! EricDeLee go back to the place that you saw it and make

absolutley sure that it is Golden Axe 2 and not another game.

Sometimes coin-op operators leave in a marquee that had a prevous game

in, I played SoulBlade in the arcades once but the marquee was Tekken!

It is going to be part of a bulk buy that I've come across. :)

It was one of two machines I didn't get to test last night because the power cord was damaged. He states that it works and will be fixing the cord (hopefully) today. :roll:

I hope so. But... yes the marquee states Golden Axe II (and then somthing under it... I'll look tonight). The CP have Golden Axe info on it... and it does look professional instead of it being a homebrew cabinet.

Finally... got a better look at it today. The cabinet is a CYBERBALL cabinet. Key give-aways: Unique design, The Atari label on the back that has the following for a serial number: CYB0821

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter...=C&game_id=7469

The game inside IS a conversion of course (however, if I'm not mistaken, it looks as though the CYBERBALL gameboards are still in there. Just not hooked up. :)

The game is Golden Axe: The Revenge Of Death Adder. It is a FOUR player game of course (I thought it was two only... for some reason).

But that's okay, I still like it. I may just make it two different arcade games (one set of boards for one monitor, and another for the other).

Here's the list of games I'm getting in this Bulk Deal:

Golden Axe: TDOAD in a cool Cyberball arcade.

Twin Cobra

Battle Shark

Afterburner

Blasteroids

Rolling Thunder

Ms. Pacman cocktail (looks like bootleg boards to me)

Possible: Skins Game, Paperboy, Klax (I may substitue Paperboy for Battle Shark)

Question: are there multikits that I can use if this is indeed a Ms. Pacman bootleg (plays well... but the guy put in freaking 8-way joysticks.) :roll:

I'd like to be able to play Pacman more so than anything on it.

Thanks....

I can probably put a multikit in it as long as it's not one of the newer jamma bootlegs or lame galaxian bootlegs. If it is jamma I can supply a different bootleg that will run a multi kit or you could get one of the jamma emulator boards.

If you can pick out the bootleg from here I could tell you a little more.

http://users.erols.com/mowerman/pacfile.htm

Dave

There's several similar jamma ms pac bootleg pcb's that have come out recently. Last I read than were around $100, compared to 200-$300 for a rebuilt original board. They use different size eproms than the older boards so multipacs won't usually plug in w/o modification. If they have converted the cab to jamma at least you can run different boards in the cab.

It looks to be Jamma... but it's not the cab I want. Just the boards. What kind of mods would I need? If the ROMS are bigger (or smaller) than the originals... could I not just solder jumper wires? :ponder:

The cocktail cab is a piece of crap. I'll strip the good parts off and toss or give away the rest.

It looks to be Jamma... but it's not the cab I want.  Just the boards.  What kind of mods would I need?  If the ROMS are bigger (or smaller) than the originals... could I not just solder jumper wires?    :ponder:    

Wires would probably be bad... I'd solder it onto a small daughterboard that does fit into the socket.

Most kits use the cpu socket to attach, obviously that's going to be ok you should have a Z80 somewhere. :) They also attach to the 1st graphic rom, 5e. The 96/1 kit uses an adapter with a jumper to select 2532 or 2732. I think if 5e is a 2716 or 2516 the 2532 jumper would work. Sometimes though they use a 2764 which is 28 pin instead of 24. However, all the pins are the same except the power. You could make an adapter using a couple of sockets and routing the power from pin 28 of the 28 pin socket to pin 24 of the 24 pin socket. Stack the 24 socket on top of the 28 pin socket leaving pin 24 bent out so you can solder to it.

Of course some of the really small jamma bootlegs are quite a bit different hardware wise. I got one in a couple of weeks ago that just wouldn't run the multikit Other than that one board I've been able to install it on every bootleg I've gotten in. I have had to desolder the z80 and add a socket occasionally, and for certian bootlegs "eyes type" with encrypted graphics I have to encrypt the multikit to match.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Eric, the cabinet isn't painted blue and gray, is it?

There was a Golden Axe II in a cabinet similar to that in an auction in the Oklahoma City area earlier this year (Jan-Feb, I think). I had forgotten about it until you said something about the power cable -- I think this one had a bad power cable as well and it kept shutting off at the auction.