IGNORED

Saturn problem! Won't play game. Maybe...

I bought a Sega Saturn off eBay and it won't play any games.

It will spin the disc, load it but play it as an audio CD. The game is NBA Jam T.E. it states it has eight tracks and will play the music off it. But at times it won't even load that.

It also will play audio CDs just fine. I am playing a CD right now. Then at times it won't load other CDs. It seems to be really fussy about CDs.

Maybe its just because the disc is so damn scatched it won't pay the game.

Can't check it with NiGHTS I bought the other day. Lent that to a friend.

Anyone have any ideas? :sad:

ah! double post! Yeah people really seem to trash systems, I do a complete teardown and soak everything in warm soapy water and ensure that everything is in perfect working order whanever I get a system. It's the only was to ensure that you know what condition your system is.

Open up ur saturn, look for an orange pot at the back left of the board attatched to the cd, Turn about 5 degrees clockwise remembering where it originally was. This will beef up the laser a bit and hopefully work. Also check to see if it is modded, the place to look is where the ribbon from the cd meets the mobo. If it is modded there will be an extra board either red or blue, If its a model one (oval buttons) there is an extra board anyway.

try the pot, seems to have worked for me on many occassions