IGNORED

Warning about a certain game retailer

Starcat

Just for fun I sent him an e:mail asking him if these were the 51 games he told Lars he never received (also said something about visiting him in jail when he's busted for mail fraud :ponder: ) Anyway here is what is wrote back (he is not one for capital letters at the begining of his sentences! Also is he a he? He goes by Liz C):

"different games,moron.made two purchases.your such a loser to come at me like that.as you can see i am getting tons of hits on this auction and

lots of bids.first nasty email i got was from you.

keep on living your dream.ill live mine.jail.that is so funny.

ill win,his business is almost dead,wait till i get my money back.even

better."

- Sal

Hi !

Yes, that sound exactly like him... Just that his e-mails to me had 90 % more insults ;)

But another funny thing is, that he is lying to you again. I never recieved two orders and never shipped two packages.

Regards, Lars.

HIGH BIDDER ON LAST DAY OF THE AUCTION GETS THIS THING.

What a unique concept!!! This could change the way all of us use eBay and make it much simpler and user friendly when selling or bidding auctions. I hope lizcamp2 turned this in as a suggestion to eBay and that they implement this well thought out and innovative idea!

:roll:

Mendon

Any one in the Jaguar community who puts a bid on this guys Ocean Depths auctions should be ashamed of themselves.

While I remember - I should tell everybody.

The dealer cancelled all auction bids close to the first closing auction,

saying as an excuse "error on auction listing" but it's relisted the same.

Make of that what you will. :x

Cheers!

JustClaws.

Looks like it's cancelled now...

Hi folks !

Today is a bad and sad day for me. Not only that I'm more than busy with exams, but today I also received an e-mail from paypal.

I don't know how, but it seems this individual somehow managed to persuade paypal to give him his refund. He was always so sure about getting his refund even after I mailed the tracking info to paypal. So I?m pretty sure, that he must have done something.

Paypal sent me an e-mail today, telling me the tracking number that I specifed, and that was given to me by the post service that I used to send the package with, was invalid.

This is impossible however, as the post service verified that it is correct and I also have it on my packet card. It must be correct.

I tried contacting paypal countless times on this subject by phone or e-mail.

I couldn't get anybody to listen to the problem.

Anyway, as much as I hate to say this, I guess I have lost my battle against this fraud. I guess I'm at least number 55 on the list of people that he sucessfully ripped off. Although I'm sure there are many more victims of this fraud. I just hope that one day he will get what he deserves for ripping so many people off.

So it means I have not only lost my motivation, but also a value of $800 in shipping costs, good value and refund value. This is a huge value if you keep in mind that I'm just a poor student who supports the Jag for fun.

This is where the fun ends.

I'm also highly dissapointed by the actions of ebay and paypal. They didn't do anything. They don't care about you if you're no powerseller or US citizen it seems.

Paypal seems to believe the words a fraud more than facts and ebay doesn?t seem to care that frauds like him sell stolen goods (it can be considered stolen, as the price he paid was taken off my account again) on ebay.

Regards, Lars.

Hi !

Willard:

No, do not worry about that.

When I said "the fun is over", I didn't mean, that I wouldn't support the Jag in the future. I just meant, it wasn't fun to be ripped off and loosing $800.

To answer your question I have spent so much time and effort on my projects. I won't let somebody like that stop me from working on them now.

However as you can probably imagine, my motivation at the moment to do Jag work is quite low. For now I will focus more on my exams for the next weeks. After that I hope to have more motivation for Jag development again.

kuifje76: I sent it with "Deutsche Post"/DHL.

Regards, Lars.

Go to your local (German) Police and file fraud complaints on him. Maybe you can even file one on Paypal for aiding him. Bring all the evidents, like the pictures of him with the games on that trade show etc.

Also, you should talk to DHL/Deutche post. If he says he didn't recieve the items, it is up to them to prove that he did. Or they have to refund the money to you, or atleast the freight cost. Depends on what kind of freight you used.

Not that it might do much, but it might help you get some refund from your insurance company. Deoends on what terms you have.

Just some ideas.

Oh, and it just struck me... Paypal is operating in europe now. I think, since they handle money, that it means they must have some kind of permit to operate. If you get that information from DHL that proves the buyer actually recieved the goods, I'd report the very suspicious actions of Paypal to the authorities.

Finance regulations are (atleast in sweden) usually very strict about taking money from people's account without a very good reason. If they can't prove they did the right thing, chances are that it will look very bad in the eyes of the authorities.

I found this on Paypal's homepage.

"PayPal (Europe) Ltd. is regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the United Kingdom as an electronic money institution. "

I think you got a good chance of throwing a few pebbles in Paypals operations if you file a complaint about this.

Maybe some UK based Jag-fan can help you file the complaint, get the right forms etc.

Hello Starcat,

This is TERRIBLE news, you must go to the German police about this!

I am sure that this refund, claiming no delivery, must be investigated.

I had thought that the dealer maybe only intended to scare you, he

could not possible get his money back when he has the goods, and

you have proof of delivery. Obviously the dealer knows a loop-hole.

I will be interested to read what the few nay-sayers have to say to

you, I think everybody in the community should rally round you...

no matter what deal was claimed, this is straight-forward theft now.

Best regards,

JustClaws.

Willard:  

No, do not worry about that.  

When I said "the fun is over", I didn't mean, that I wouldn't support the Jag in the future. I just meant, it wasn't fun to be ripped off and loosing $800.

I was a little worried there! Glad your not letting that stop you. I've been anticipating star alliance for a long time.

I was reading some sort of a documentary or something about your projects and saw that you originally programmed a space invaders clone of some sort before you started work on star alliance. If this is true, are you planning to include it as a minigame or bonus round in star alliance?

Posted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:46 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If u maybe my girlfriend can get to know if your package was delivered there for sure, it could be lost on the way there, but probably not.

We better make it sure, don't you think?

MUST BE:

If u mail me the exact package datails, maybe my girlfriend can get to know if your package was delivered there for sure, it could be lost on the way there, but probably not.

We better make it sure, don't you think?

It has arrived, I know that for sure, as the seller originally told me that and I have have photos of the seller with the goods. So they did arrive.

You know that, that fraud knows that, and all of us here knows that too.

But since Paypal doesn't, and he denies it, you *must* get proof from DHL that they delivered it, and that they delivered it to the right guy. And it must be a document that counts as evidence.

DHL should be able to produce that. They are as much as you accused of fraud in this case.

Hi Lars,

as a fellow German, I know that the German media investigates Ebay closely. Maybe you should contact shows like AKTE or EXPLOSIV about the topic.

I doubt that Ebay Germany can ignore this 'incident' easily given the media attention.

Reading this guys feedback makes me sick. Ebay is not innocent!

They do not care at all about good business. All they are interested in is transaction fees. And this guy creates a lot of transactions by ripping of people.

I reported auctions where people sold copyrighted stuff. Ebay never reacted. Furthermore, they make it really hard to report stuff like this.

AFAIK, there is something like a bureau of better business in the US.

We (or at least our American members) should file complaints again Ebay/PayPal.

Anyhow, hope somebody finds a way to 'take this guy out'.

This is rediculous. I think everyone here should e-mail paypal and ebay about this mistake and make sure they know how disappointed we are. I have been a member of ebay since 2000 and have quite a lot of feedback as well as having a business account on paypal. I will personally threaten to close my accounts.

Never ever accept paypal for anything of great value. Paypal has went to the scammers. Even though you had tracking to show delivery the guy can still reverse charges through his credit card company and there isn't anything you or paypal can do about it, You just have to eat it. Never accept a credit card payment period, only funds already in the buyers account from another source, Make a rule to not even accept paypal for anything that you don't want to loose.

Check out this site for some paypal horror stories.

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

Ya, for sure If I ever sell something on Ebay with Paypal, I will only accept money from existing accounts only. No credit cards.

Starcat, you cant' give up now. It's so obvious you got scammed. There has been a lot said just in this thread that you could show to proper authorities proving his guilt.

:x I wish now that I would of never bought anything from this ass hole!! It took him a month to ship the items (Not Ocean Depths) and was a dick when I asked where is my stuff. This guy needs to be stopped so he does not rip off anyone else! Anyone in on going after this guy??

Here is a good ebay fraud story if you have time to read it all! It is very funny and the scammer gets screwed in the end!

http://members.cox.net/redxxll/powerbook.pdf

The Thread!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthrea...40&pagenumber=1