IGNORED

Custom contoller question.

pmpddytim

I'm going to build a custom 2600 pinball controller for my fiance. I want it to have 4 buttons,Left flipper, right flipper, pull (the plunger) and release (the plunger) but no joystick. Because I want to move the left flipper with the left button and the right with the right I am going to wire the left flipper button to the wire that is usually hooked up to the left joystick position and the right flipper button to the wire that is usually hooked up to the right joystick position. My question is this: Since on a regualr joystick it is impossible to hit both the left switch and the right switch at the same time, will it cause harm to my atari when I do it with this custom controller? I know you can hit the up position and a side position at the same time and thats ok (for going diagonal) but did not know if left/right or up/down at the same time were ok. Sorry if this isnt very clear.

-Tim

Yeah, I have quite the custom 2600 controller in the works right now. :D I plan to get some pictures up as soon as I get it a little more finished. ;)

But now that you mention a pinball controller, I may "steal" your idea and add it to my "controller" ;)

One question though, are the controlls the same for Midnight Magic and Video Pinball? Are there any other pinball games????

One question though, are the controlls the same for Midnight Magic and Video Pinball? Are there any other pinball games????

Nope, VP uses North to activate both flippers, MM uses South. I'd probably use a 4052 chip with a switch to support both games.