IGNORED

Lighted Buttons

ussexplorer

I was looking on happs and noticed the lighted buttons. Sometimes I always thing is cool on an arcade cabinet. When I finally get around to finding one I would like to add a muti select board to have mutiple pcbs. On to of that I have been monitoring the neo geo pcb and nintendo play choice 10 boards. Yes, I know about the dual / single monitor and the inverted rgb on the play choice 10. Stupid nintendo. Anyway, that would be three select buttons. Now placing them would all be up to the type of cabinet I finally end up with. The lights seem to have two sets of connectors on them. One for the button and the other for the light. Can I wire them in a series? So one say 5volt line handle all three? I might even change out the player 1/2 buttons to. I'm sorry when I first seen lighted buttons on asteroids for the select 1/2 player it was very smart and easy to get somebodies attention. Even though these wouldn't blink.

Thanks for the help

ussexplorer

NOT IN SERIES! Do parallel. All + to +, All - to -. I havve lighted switches on my multi-cab and MAME coctail in this forum link:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.p...9162&highlight=

The white buttons between the speakers are my insert coins that light up.

And I will have one on my MAME coctail for insert coin 1. You can see it just sitting there in the hole. (Damn, I need to work on that mini control panel, that is where the insert coin buttons, "menu" button, "esc" button, and a few other buttons go, but I would like to get a iPac interface first)

Okay it still answers my simple question. Do I only need to run one set of wires to it and the answer is yes. That is a good question. If I say borrow the power from a coin door light. This would put like 5 lights on one circuit. I assume plenty of current is going to those lights anyway.

later,

ussexplorer

Thanks for the help

Its enough current to light a bunch, but usually AC (just keep that in mind). Usually 6V bulbs.

You should not run the 5V from the power supply to power lights; not good for the power supply or the 5V parts on the PCB..

The lights in the Asteroids buttons are LED's, not bulbs. Thats why they can run from the PCB power :)

Cassidy