IGNORED

Official S-Video cables-which consoles?

Hey all,

I've been pondering about making the jump to S-video someday...and I'd like to buy the cables beforehand.

But what I was wondering is-which consoles had OFFICIAL s-video cables?

-3DO has an s-video out (at least the FZ10 does) official cables don't matter for this

The ones I'm thinking of are Jaguar, N64, Dreamcast, Saturn?, possibly Playstation.

Yeah I mean pre-Xbox/PS2/GC but I'm sure that info would help others.

Also, official s-video cables/capability WITHOUT any modding is what I'm after. And yes I have searched ebay and other stores...though everything on ebay is third party or without a box/bag. Songbird has S-Video cables for Jaguar and that's official as far as I know.

1. SNES1, N64, GC -- all use same Nintendo Cable

2. Saturn -- unique Sega cable

3. DC -- unique Sega cable

4. PS1/PS2 -- use same Sony cable

5. Nuon -- don't know, probably standard s-video cable

6. 3D0 -- standard s-video cable

7. Xbox -- unique Msoft cable

8. Jag -- unique Atari cable

9. C64 -- unique Commodore cable

2600/5200/7800/Atari 8-bit (most/all?)/Colecovision/SMS/Genesis1/Genesis3 can all be internally hacked for s-video

All other systems that put out composite can use a $21 Radio Shack adapter. It will be an s-video connection without s-video quality.

There are a cheaper way than a $21 adapter: a simple composite to S-Video adapter. One side has female RCA plug and other side has male mini DIN 4 pins. 9 out of 10 times, TV can take composite signal straight in the S-Video port so it's useful for console that can do composite but not S-Video (NES for example) and you want only S-Video setup. The quality of using that cable or the $21 Radio Shack stuff won't be any better than sticking with composite itself.