IGNORED

Z26 crash...JAM?

This is correct. Some of the undocumented inteructions on the 650x type processors will crash the CPU. These are generally referred to as 'JAM' instructions. The 6507 can only address 8K or memory, so address $1822 could also be $F822, depending on where the code was ORGed to.

This error message in z26 usually means that you are using the wrong bankswitching format for the game or that the reset-vector was not set correctly in the ROM. Then z26 might try to execute some data as code and encounter a 'JAM instruction' in there.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

I can't figure it...after moving things around, I get a message JAM 02 @ f561. Yet at $F561, I put a NOP instruction (to try to trap that error)...that opcode is $EA :?

Moving things around in the 2nd bank will change the message, so it's confimed that it's not the first bank generating the error.

Try this and eat the red/pink monster (they are set to move together to test while trying to eliminate this error). The moment you do, that error will appear.

Is there no chance that error isn't meaning something else? It should land on a NOP if it's supposed to mean the address. Or is there some other factor that might report the incorrect address?

error.zip

Hi there!

Have you tried enabling the log? Just look at the last few instructions. Such an error should end like JMP($$$$) or READ($$$$) (B/S Hotspot)...

It also happens for example when not all ORGs in the second bank are RORGed...

Greetings,

Manuel