IGNORED

Stella 1.2.wishbear for Mac OS X

ps_inkling

I have taken the existing Stella 1.2 source code from SourceForge, and combined it with the CPU emulation core from the pre-Stella 1.4 cvs source.

The resulting marriage resulted in what I'm calling Stella 1.2.wishbear -- I had wished for a long time that Stella would support illegal opcodes such as those used in Space Treat and Homestar Runner RPG.

You can get the sourcecode and application from my .Mac website http://homepage.mac.com/ps_inkling/stella/index.html. I'm not that good at making double-click installers.

I've been using it the last month with no problems; however, I've not tested it with every 2600 game ever made. If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces. :)

Hopefully, Stella 1.4 using the SDL library will be available soon.

Great news and thanks for updating Stella. :thumbsup:

I followed your instructions on your webpage but couldn't get anything to work. I'll wait until someone can make an installer or at least an executable, my OS 10.3.3 only see the .opt file as a folder and not an app :)

In case there is something amiss with compressing applications with the ZIP compression format, I have also made an archive in the StuffIt format available. :ponder:

And, I did rename the application to Stella 1.2.wishbear in the archives.  :)

You shouldn't send Mac apps or files in zip format because zip compression tends to not add any mac resource files to the compressed zip file.

You should send those files as .sit or .dmg files.

• 5 weeks later...
I have taken the existing Stella 1.2 source code from SourceForge, and combined it with the CPU emulation core from the pre-Stella 1.4 cvs source.

Hopefully, Stella 1.4 using the SDL library will be available soon.

For those who care (and have a programming background), the latest CVS archive for Stella now includes the MacOSX port. You can download the source and compile if you wish.

For everyone else, a release is coming real soon ...

Steve