IGNORED

z26 using a PC joystick.

birdie3

When I used to use Z26 I downloaded the frontend X26

then simply load it up choose the path for the roms, click configuration and you can set

options from there including use joystick etc...

Unfortunatly I have not got the emulators any more so I dont remember everything.

hope this has helped you :)

Well.. I do not have a USB joystick so I will have to get one (if it is just a plug and play type of thing). In the meantime, I do have a PC joystick so if anyone could explain to me what I need to do to get it to work with z26 -that would be most helpful. Thanks in advance!!

z26 should automatically use the first two joysticks in the Windows controller settings dialog. Gameport joysticks don't get automatically detected by Windows though, so you'll have to install your's manually. To do so you need to open the Windows Control Center and find the joystick settings. There you chose "Add..." and select a controller from the list that matches your joystick. Then the joystick should appear in the list and you should be able to calibrate and test it. If it works properly in the test dialog, it should work nicely in z26 too.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg