IGNORED

Coleco Telstar Arcade Power Supply

nandystam

Hi everyone

Been lucky enough to get my hands on an old Coleco Telstar Arcade (the triangular shaped one) - except there is no power supply

From doing a few searches, it seems some people claim Atari 2600 power supplies will work fine (9V DC @ 500ma, centre +ve). Although someone else has posted the specs from an 'original' telstar arcade power supply which is 3V DC @ 200ma, centre +ve.

Now i'm confused, surely if you supply three times the voltage the poor console stands a good chance of getting fried??

So does the 2600 power supply work? Or do I need 3V DC @ 200ma?

Cheers

I have a Telstar, but not a Telstar arcade. Still I'll be happy to check the power supply and see what the voltage & amp ratings are.

BTW, the Telstar Arcade is very, very cool. Congrats on tracking one down.

-S

I have a Telstar, but not a Telstar arcade. Still I'll be happy to check the power supply and see what the voltage & amp ratings are.

BTW, the Telstar Arcade is very, very cool. Congrats on tracking one down.

-S

Thanks. Considering I'm in Australia, makes it very satisfying to have some of these rare & unusual beasts. The sad part is besides eBay there is no real way of me getting them without paying the going rate for it :( Oh how I envy you guys in the States picking things up for next to nothing ;)

my coleco telstar box is taped to death so no going inside to see the PS

but i can scan the box for you

9V @ 200ma.. Sounds like the Atari ones will work fine. I posted the same question on Usenet which seems to confirm the Atari 2600 PS will work.

I'm not even sure if my Telstar Arcade works - only one way to find out I suppose :D