IGNORED

Opinions on High Score Club

Cousin Vinnie

Before we get too far into this thang, I was wanting opinions to help make the HSC better and to make sure everyone has a fair chance.

The Atari 2600 HSC can go forever, but we have a severe disability due to the fact that we have only about 40 or so playable games. Here is what I came up with for a game pool....meaning all of these games will be played at least once to decide the HSC winner (for the online beer). I need to know if these any of games are too rare to obtain and unplayable on an emulator. I also need to know if an elimintated game should be included and why.

Played Games: Tower Toppler, Ninja Golf, Mario Brothers, Ms. Pac-Man, Robotron, Choplifter!

Game Pool:

IN:

Dig Dug

Food Fight

One-on-One Basketball

Fatal Run

Motor Psycho

Robotron: 2084

Pole Position II

Double Dragon

Ace of Aces

Deset Falcon

Jinks

Basketbrawl

Impossible Mission

Meltdown

Crossbow

Centipede

Hat Trick

Midnight Mutants

Super Skateboardin'

Alien Brigade

Asteroids

Ballblazer

Commando

Crack'ed

Dark Chambers

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong, Jr

Galaga

Joust

Klax

Kung Fu Master

Mean 18

Pete Rose

Planet Smashers

Rampage

Scrapyard Dog

Winter Games (I have a great idea for this one)

Xenophobe

Xevious

Games That Are Out:

Fight Night (No way to Score)

F-18 (Sucks too bad)

Karateka (No Way to Score)

Mat Mania (Not fun enough to play)

Sentinel (Too rare)

Summer Games (Not fun enough to play)

Super Huey (Lame)

Tank Command (Too rare and too lame)

Title Match (ditto)

Tomcat (Too lame)

Touchdown Football (Too lame as well)

Water Ski (Too rare and too lame)

Well, that's it. Please give me opinions and info.

Cousin Vinnie

That was funny. I guess a lot of my scores are safe because the games are too rare or "lame" ...in other people's opinions. Frankly, I think you're not familiar with the 7800 system.

Just glancing at this, I have some notes for you... Ballblazer isn't a good choice for a high score. Choplifter and Double Dragon aren't possible to get a higher score on. Galaga should not be put in competition on the easiest setting, unless you want a lot of people using video tape to record their scores after they've rolled the numbers to zero a couple times.

Sorry to offend you. If it was up to me, I would play every 7800 game in this High Score Club...but I'm trying to keep it fun for everyone. Most people think those games I destined as lame are too lame to play. There were groans about Choplifter :)

And oh yeah...I'm a little familiar with the 7800, jerky-pants:

http://www.flipsiderunner.com/7800

Cousin Vinnie

My personal website with my list of 7800 games, scores, and more is called MegaData's Domain I just thought calling games "lame" was wrong. It sounds like I offended you. It wasn't personal. I just meant that the 7800 doesn't have lame games, bud.

I do have High Scores with Twin Galaxies. Some are for games listed here that are considered "lame" and are unlisted with Twin Galaxies because no one else has submitted a score for those games. Are you starting to see why I think calling games "lame" is wrong? lol You can call me jerky pants all you want, but don't offend my system or it's games. I'll beat your freaking score! :D