IGNORED

JAMMA and JAMMA+

Rocko

Ok, I have some questions. I am about to start a project in where I modify a bar top game to run JAMMA boards, and I have a few questions before I start.

1. If I convert the machine to run Jamma, will I be able to use

Jamma+ boards on it, or only Jamma?

2. If I convert the machine to run Jamma, can I run other boards, or just JAMMA?

Jamma+ just means it's got extras in addition to the jamma harness. wiring for 4 player games, maybe stereo sound, or additional buttons. (jamma uses 3 or less) Some jamma+ could be used on jamma without extras in a semi-playable state. But those are unique games to the jamma standard. each game can be made to work, but requires some more effort on your part to make them work.

non-jamma boards are unique to themselves, in some way, some manuafacturers may have compatible boards for a few that can be swapped out into other cabs, but alot were made before jamma came to be. They can be wired to jamma sometimes, voltage is different on some older boards thou. It's much easier to stick to jamma if thats what you get into.

Jamma+  just means it's got extras in addition to the jamma harness. wiring for 4 player games, maybe stereo sound, or additional buttons.  (jamma uses 3 or less) Some jamma+ could be used on jamma without extras in a semi-playable state.  But those are unique games to the jamma standard. each game can be made to work, but requires some more effort on your part to make them work.

non-jamma boards are unique to themselves, in some way, some manuafacturers may have compatible boards for a few that can be swapped out into other cabs, but alot were made before jamma came to be. They can be wired to jamma sometimes, voltage is different on some older boards thou. It's much easier to stick to jamma if thats what you get into.

So, if I wire it to be Jamma+, will Regular Jamma work? (Kinda like the Ps2>PsX principle)

So, if I wire it to be Jamma+, will Regular Jamma work? (Kinda like the Ps2>PsX principle)

:ponder:

You don't wire it to jamma+ The (+) means it's unique in some form.

Like The Simpsons or TMNT 4-players would be jamma+ to properly play, you'd need 4 sets of controls, but the game still uses a jamma connection, first two players would be accessable only, unless you wire in the 3rd & 4th players to it. typically jamma+ will have a second connection on board to work with the + parts. But 3rd & 4th player controls might still need to feed off the same jamma harness as well. Each jamma+ game has it's on separate design, although there are some similarities between them too sometimes.

If you wire a cab up for Jamma, there are countless number of games out there to collect & play, no need to get in over your head with jamma+ or any other specialities.

You don't wire it to jamma+  The (+) means it's unique in some form.  

Like The Simpsons or TMNT 4-players would be jamma+ to properly play, you'd need 4 sets of controls, but the game still uses a jamma connection, first two players would be accessable only, unless you wire in the 3rd & 4th players to it. typically jamma+ will have a second connection on board to work with the + parts.  But 3rd & 4th player controls might still need to feed off the same jamma harness as well. Each jamma+ game has it's on separate design, although there are some similarities between them too sometimes.  

If you wire a cab up for Jamma, there are countless number of games out there to collect & play, no need to get in over your head with jamma+ or any other specialities.

Or extra buttons like the Street Fighters(+3 per player) or Mortal Kombats(+2/3 per player)

Do a search on ebay for Jamma You'll get lots of results. Then pick one. :)

Be sure to read up on it, before you do any bidding, if it is Jamma or Jamma+, the monitor orientation, whether it is a vert/hort setup you are working with or both. Some Jamma boards work in tandem (A + B board) or require cartridges (MVS, STV) so you could buy a jamma board without a cart to play, or buy a CPS B board without the A to hookup to jamma. Just need to read up on your purchase.

Do a search on ebay for Jamma You'll get lots of results. Then pick one. :)

Be sure to read up on it, before you do any bidding, if it is Jamma or Jamma+, the monitor orientation, whether it is a vert/hort setup you are working with or both. Some Jamma boards work in tandem (A + B board) or require cartridges (MVS, STV)  so you could buy a jamma board without a cart to play, or buy a CPS B board without the A to hookup to jamma. Just need to read up on your purchase.

If I see something I am interested in, can I post the link so you guys could tell me if it is good or not? I dont know alot about these things, as you can tell.