IGNORED

Gameboy Multicarts...

Anyone here play or own one of those Gameboy Advance Multicarts? I'm curious. For some reason I can't find the page that was selling them now.

The ones I saw had maybe 4 Gameboy Advance games on it... and then 100 (or more) NES games on it. I was wonddering if the gameplay was good (One of them had Zelda and I was wanting that). Also... is it driven by dip-switches... or is it menu driven?

If anyone has any knowledge on these and if they are worth the $50 or $60 ... let me know.

They are not worth anything if you ask me, particularly if they contain games that require saving. I had one of these once that had Dragon Warrior 3 on it, which I played for untold hours only to have the file disappear.

Most games turn out alright, but every go I've had with any multi-game cart has had bad points to it, glitchy games, changed text or graphics, deleted saves, etc. Zelda is worth full price separately, if that's what you're really looking for and there is no way you'll be dissappointed with the quality of the product itself.

I personally would much rather use flash carts for NES games than the pirate multicarts... then I get to pick the ones I want. Not a cheap option, but just as (il)legal and a lot more flexible.

Or you could spend $140 on all the NES rereleases and still not get Mappy. :D

Got any info as to how I can do the Flashcart stuff?

I'm not really tech swavy... but if pointed in the right direction with a set of orders (remember... I'm in the military... orders work greaat for me) then I can usually pick-up on things rather quickly.

Personally... the choice of which game YOU want really intrigues me... rather than a bunch of filler games.

If I knew what I was doing I'd try to burn EPROMS and stuff for Atari as well. I take it there isn't a FLASHcart for Lynx... is there? I saw something for the Vectrex and plan on buying that.

Whatever info you can give would be greatly appreciated.