IGNORED

S.I. Vector Wars

neotokeo2001

I love vectors....to quote ya: best Vector display yet on the Atari!

Nicely done!!!!! :D

Good Ol' Atari Troll. Always puts a good word in on every hack posted. Thanks. I won't be releasing this hack on cartridge, but if we can come up with a good label I can have a copy made for you (no charge), for your support and encouragement of everybody that post in the Hacks forum. :)

I am also making another version of this Hack called Black Widow (Yes. It's Spiders instead of Space Invaders). :roll: I should have it finished by this weekend. I am trying to find the code that controls the number of enemies onscreen and skip the single enemy levels.

I won't be releasing this hack on cartridge

Why not? This is a really good one!!!

Questions.....

1) Do you ever get to a point where you can shoot the little !#@$*@ at the top?

2) If you aren't having a cart made available, can we have permission to have someone else (Al) put it on a cart?

I won't be releasing this hack on cartridge

Why not? This is a really good one!!!

Questions.....

1) Do you ever get to a point where you can shoot the little !#@$*@ at the top?

2) If you aren't having a cart made available, can we have permission to have someone else (Al) put it on a cart?

I have too many hacks waiting to be put on cart. There may be something in the future but nothing definite. I have no problem with AtariAge or Packrat making a cart for you. If you come up with a label, please share it with us by posting it here.

The little !#@$*@ is safe from your retaliation. :evil: A few levels in you do get to take out another saucer enemy. There is a lot of unused code left over in the hack, maybe one of the real programmers on here can add a Shoot The Saucer screen? That would be cool!! :D

Well said Neo. I am definately going to request this on a cart form. Vectors are my favorites and this tops them. Theres something about adding that vector look & feel in other games which spicens things up! I particularly like this one because of the side shooting (like defender, chopper command etc). This is definately one to have on cart!!

Thanks to NEO and the other hacks for keeping the section from going stagnant! :D

That I dunno...but the Beethoven piece was a dead giveaway.  Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have remembered it offhand.

Stargunner is right. Sorry for not replying earlier.

I am working on changing the intro tune into an alarm. It is trial and error, but it's getting close.

Anybody have ideas on how to make it more like Defender? What should the enemy at the top be??

Also, I am still working on the spider version, Black Widow. It's hard to make a decent looking spider. :D

Actually I was going to ask if we could use the one you posted. I am not being lazy but I went back and checked every diff label version of space invaders that I own and I don't have one label that comes close to that! Besides the label you made, I don't think I could match the graphics. It has nice clean lines and the vector style font is awesome! :D