IGNORED

Later Genesis Games for Master System?

The Sega Master System has a unique feature that most game systems don't: It generally isn't impacted by PAL/NTSC and almost all carts can be played worldwide. Sega didn't change the cart size or make different PAL and NTSC versions. There are a few games (IIRC) that either don't work or have some screwy things, but most of the 300+ Sega Master System games play fine on US consoles.

is this also true for the megadrive/genesis?????

as i have a pal megadrive and have a heaps Genesis ( i think NTSC ) games that work with no probs.( the carts are a slighlty different size and shape but fit in fine)

The Sega Master System has a unique feature that most game systems don't: It generally isn't impacted by PAL/NTSC and almost all carts can be played worldwide. Sega didn't change the cart size or make different PAL and NTSC versions. There are a few games (IIRC) that either don't work or have some screwy things' date=' but most of the 300+ Sega Master System games play fine on US consoles.[/quote']

is this also true for the megadrive/genesis?????

as i have a pal megadrive and have a heaps Genesis ( i think NTSC ) games that work with no probs.( the carts are a slighlty different size and shape but fit in fine)

No it's not the same for the MD/Genesis. Games made after a certain year have built-in region protection which will stop imports. For example the U.S. version of Shinobi 3: Return Of The Ninja Master won't run on your PAL Megadrive. You will just get a warning screen.

..oddly i have heaps of the EA sportrs titles that were made after like 1995, some even 1997, and they are all genesis carts ( it says so right on them, and the MD carts are completely different shape ) and they ALL work no problems on my megadrive 1 PAL...

another oddity, i have a batman forever cart and case, NOW:

1) on the case is a huge genesis label running vertically on one side, which has been covered by a megadrive sticker,

2)manual is genesis.

3) case itself fits megadrive carts, and the cart is a megadrive cart, with genesis label on it.

and

4) On the bak, theres a warning that says it will operate on NTSC only for north america...

and also i have seen anotherr copy of this game with the normal megadrive label on front cover of case, and instead of red, its blue

?????????

that and the other EA games which i have lead me in turn to believe my megadrive 1 is NTSC compatible.( my tv is ntsc compatible as well )

...... :?