IGNORED

Response to Curt (Thanks!)

Trip_Cannon

I will post this all in orig format in a zip file up on Atarimuseum.com shortly along with some other new docs, sketches and memo's I have uncovered recently...

Trip... to answer you question, this is a great way of being able to look at code and understand how 7800 games are written, perhaps mess around and hack the code into a new game or borrow pieces of it and make a new game from it...

Curt

I will post this all in orig format in a zip file up on Atarimuseum.com shortly along with some other new docs' date=' sketches and memo's I have uncovered recently...[/quote']

Excellent! I can't wait to see it.

Thanks for digging it up and posting it.

Mitch

Hi Curt' date=' what would any of us or me (the average layman) need to make that code work? Equipment? Emulators? Editors? etc..

Thanks![/quote']

Is this in reference to a conversation you had elsewhere? What is the document/code you are refering too?

Allan

I will post this all in orig format in a zip file up on Atarimuseum.com shortly along with some other new docs' date=' sketches and memo's I have uncovered recently...[/quote']

Excellent! I can't wait to see it.

Thanks for digging it up and posting it.

Mitch

Hi Mitch...

Okay ZIP file posted into the Atari Museum Archives TechDocs Section:

http://archives.atarimuseum.com/archives/a...chdocs-7800.htm

Lots more Doc's and other great 7800 related stuff to follow later tonight....

Curt

Okay ZIP file posted into the Atari Museum Archives TechDocs Section:

http://archives.atarimuseum.com/archives/a...chdocs-7800.htm

Lots more Doc's and other great 7800 related stuff to follow later tonight....

Curt

:thumbsup:

Incidentally, did you mean to leave the pagebreaks in the sourcecode? Just wondering.

Mitch

Hi Mitch,

They came off of 6 5.25" diskettes and I saved each section exact as is, so whatever pagebreaks were there were from the original images. Whats interesting is I was originally told that the original 9 7800 games were done on a Macintosh (GCC got into making Hyperdrive hard disk add-ons for Original Mac's after video games) but these were from MS DOS diskettes.

Curt

Hi Mitch' date='

They came off of 6 5.25" diskettes and I saved each section exact as is, so whatever pagebreaks were there were from the original images. Whats interesting is I was originally told that the original 9 7800 games were done on a Macintosh (GCC got into making Hyperdrive hard disk add-ons for Original Mac's after video games) but these were from MS DOS diskettes.

Curt[/quote']

Are you saying you have the source code for all nine of the first 7800 games?

WOW!!!!

Allan

Each of the files in the original source contains a couple different source files. If anyone wants the source broken down into it's original source files you can grab it here:

http://www.atarihq.com/danb/files/sphinx_src.zip

Dan

Wow... Dan I don't even get a link on your 7800 page to my 7800 technical archives? ;-)

Curt

Hi Mitch' date='

Curt[/quote']

Interesting, thanks for the info.

Maybe they had to ship the source code to Atari in MS-DOS format. Hmm...

Mitch

Hi Mitch' date='

Curt[/quote']

Well I didn't say that, I just meant this code was in MS DOS format... you never know what else might turn up though ;-)

Curt

Are you saying you have the source code for all nine of the first 7800 games?

WOW!!!!

Allan