IGNORED

Who found a reliable MMC seller on eBay?

MegaManFan

Some people may already have MMC card and some people may prefer to have a tiny 4MB card for a few files while other may want to have 128MB for lots of files.

Too many variable, it's just easier to sell the CC2 without the MMC and let the buyer find one on his/her own.

Damn the shipping overcharge' date=' I need one and I don't want to wait any longer. [/quote']

My local Radio Shack has 64 meg MMC's for $32. I only mention because I know that you wouldn't think of going into that place for ANY other reason!

Damn the shipping overcharge' date=' I need one and I don't want to wait any longer. [/quote']

My local Radio Shack has 64 meg MMC's for $32. I only mention because I know that you wouldn't think of going into that place for ANY other reason!

I thought a 32MB one was enough to hold the entire 2600 and 7800 library? :? I haven't hooked my CC2 up yet and haven't followed the thread closely but that was my impression.

I thought a 32MB one was enough to hold the entire 2600 and 7800 library? :? I haven't hooked my CC2 up yet and haven't followed the thread closely but that was my impression.

My MMC is only 13.2 MB with 746 games on it, and 457 text manuals.

32MB is more than enough, and it is just a waste of space if you get a 64mb, because there is no way you would ever fill it up.

I found very few local retailers that actually even carried MMC cards any more. None of 'em had 32 meg ones in stock. 64 meg was as small as I could find on shelf. If you want something smaller you're pretty much gonna have to go online.

So 32MB is more than enough for the entire 2600 library. What about the entire 7800 library? Both?

FWIW I have a 4MB somehwhere that is gathering dust. If only they weren't so small and thin!

More than enough for both. I have 685 games (inc. all of the 7800 games) and 148 manuals on mine. The total space used is 10.8 MB.

I probably have the largest amount of files on my MMC and it sits at just over 28 meg. A 32 meg chip should hold everthing without any problem. :)

What the hell DO you have on it to fill up 28 megs worth?

I probably have the largest amount of files on my MMC and it sits at just over 28 meg. A 32 meg chip should hold everthing without any problem. :)

What the hell DO you have on it to fill up 28 megs worth?

Some questions are better not asked (or answered). :D :ponder:

Mitch

I got a 64 at Fry's during the wait between sending money and receiving the CC2. They had no 32's, and that may have been the last 64 they had in stock at the time.

I use the extra space to keep backup copies of various utilities and 2600/7800 related source code.