IGNORED

Lynx Ad Scans wanted (and appreciated).

AEX

Dear Lynx owners!

If anybody has either of the 2 Ads below, I would very much appreciate a 300dpi Scan of them for Atari Explorer.

You will be fully credited for there use on our website. Alternatively, I will also take any offers if you have spares to sell.

Many thanks,

Karl

www.atari-explorer.com/lynx

post-3800-1086369528_thumb.jpg

It might help if you knew which magazines these were from as it's hard to remember which one of the 100 EGM' date=' 50 VG&CE, and 200 Gamepros had that particular ad.[/quote']

Many thanks for replying,

If I knew, I would tell you! I wish I did :)

I'm guessing these were circa 1990-92, but I could be so very wrong.

Karl

if i get my scanner up and running here i'll send those two ad scans to you

at some point. i have those two ads in my lynx collection of lynx ephemera

/memorabilia and such-- i was a lynx collecting nut from 1989--2003 on

most "anything" i could find that was lynx related!! crazy,wasn't it? did i go

overboard on stuff? hmmmm,maybe. in a word,yes! guilty as charged. :)

i have some ces show press kit stuff for lynx and things,too! i've been the trail of doing this for atari age for a time now, just got to get my driver for my scanner installed! sorry,aa. :sad: we shall see.--the lynxer

if i get my scanner up and running here i'll send those two ad scans to you

at some point. i have those two ads in my lynx collection of lynx ephemera

/memorabilia and such-- i was a lynx collecting nut from 1989--2003 on

most "anything" i could find that was lynx related!! crazy,wasn't it? did i go

overboard on stuff? hmmmm,maybe. in a word,yes! guilty as charged. :)  

i have some ces show press kit stuff for lynx and things,too! i've been the trail of doing this for atari age for a time now, just got to get my driver for my scanner installed! sorry,aa. :sad:  we shall see.--the lynxer

Thank You,

I hope you get your scanner working! I hope somebody/anybody can just help out, as we are in the middle of upgrading the entire Lynx section for the benefit of the entire Atari fan base (especially the Lynx fans!).

If there is anything else which might benefit the Lynx area at AEX, we would appreciate it.

Please note, whoever can help, PM me and I can provide FTP access for the scans - we will also send out a little "something" for your help.

Best regards all,

Karl

Do you have the other ads from this campaign? I have found a couple of other 2 page ads, but not the exact 1-pagers you are looking for.

Hi Gregory,

The only other Lynx print ads I have are the following (excluding brochures):

1) Lynx $99 (shows Lynx on a black background 1 Pager)

2) Lynx - Christmas Present (showing a Gameboy as "christmas past")

3) 2 x Lynx Ads showing 4 titles ("Why Lynx")

4) 1 x Lynx Arcade (showing Lynx 1 with all the current titles (DPS))

5) Lynx $99 Number 2 (Showing Lynx 1 and 15 titles 1 Pager)

I will be uploading all these when I update the Lynx area on AEX, but I know there must have been more - including the 2 elusive ones I mentioned before.

Thanks all,

Karl

The two 2-pagers I have read:

1. "The Following Scenes may be too graphic for adults" and shows screen captures of Blue Lightning, Slime World, Rygar, Robo Squash and 8 other games.

2. "Warning: The following may cause Chills, dizziness, and shorness of breath" with a variety of stuff. (Again, this is a two-page ad.)

I also found a 1 page ad: "Buy a Lynx System now ($149) and get a second game cartridge FREE!"

I can scan these if you want.

The two 2-pagers I have read:

1. "The Following Scenes may be too graphic for adults" and shows screen captures of Blue Lightning, Slime World, Rygar, Robo Squash and 8 other games.

2. "Warning: The following may cause Chills, dizziness, and shorness of breath" with a variety of stuff. (Again, this is a two-page ad.)

I also found a 1 page ad: "Buy a Lynx System now ($149) and get a second game cartridge FREE!"

I can scan these if you want.

Gregory!

Fantastic - If you could scan those for me it would be great. If you PM me via AtariAge I can send you FTP details to upload the scans, or I can give you my e-mail address at AEX. Looking for 150dpi scans if possible.

I'll organise a little something for your help :-)

Best

Karl

Gregory,

What can I say! Thanks a million for your time.

Please PM me with your address so I can send a little something from Ireland to you.

I'll credit you for use of these at AEX when they go online (and I get some time to pixel-fix-them so they look brand new!).

Karl