IGNORED

Donkey Kong Country 2 : No Cheating !!

Ok, shame on me for cheating, or trying to. I decided to use my GameGenie to get some extra lives, but after putting in the requisiste codes, I got a message telling me to turn the power off. Every try after, the screen below came up everytime. I've never heard of a game with protection like this. And why does it think the GameGenie is a copying device? :ponder:

post-3765-1086396931_thumb.jpg

Weird.. My copies NEVER did that! I always had the codes work. Hell, if it weren't for the "Never lose your buddy" code, I'd have never made it past Toxic Tower. (That level's a bitch!)

I've seen a screen of that message before though, but that was from using a Copier device. But never from a Genie. Weird. Could there be different versions or something? Maybe certain Genies do this and some don't? My Game Genie says "V. 2.0" on the board inside. If ya have a screwdriver handy, open it up and look underneath at your version. Maybe either the Genies were changed to work later or the game was changed to not work later. I'd vote for the Genie. I got mine in like 1996 after all three games came out. Yours might be an early version designed before the game was made.

It's Dixie. That's the same screen it shows when you get Game Over. Diddy and Dixie in a cage captured by Cruel K. Rool. (No longer a King, rather a Pirate Captain in the second game. Becomes a Scientist in the third. Very versatile bad guy. Though back to King for the DK64 role.)

It's Dixie. That's the same screen it shows when you get Game Over. Diddy and Dixie in a cage captured by Cruel K. Rool. (No longer a King, rather a Pirate Captain in the second game. Becomes a Scientist in the third. Very versatile bad guy. Though back to King for the DK64 role.)

Ah. I don't know those Nintendo characters very well.

Does anyone else remember the gimmick that Taco Bell had a few years ago, the Donkey Kong Coins thing? They were little coins that came (I think.) with a drink, and depending on how many points and what combinations you had, you won money, an N64, etc.

I vividly recall selling them to the kids on the playground for unreasonable prices. Ahhh... ...youth.

Come to think of it, Sonic & Knuckles has a screen like this also.

I remember coming across this because some dick-head in the third grade told me you could connect VectorMan to it, and play VectorMan as Knuckles... :x

But anyway, I suppose it would have doubled as a 'safe mode' screen. 3D renditions of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Dr. Robotnik/Eggman (This was the period where the name-changing almost happened in America.). Overhead, the words 'No Way!!' scrolled... ...coooooool.

I remember coming across this because some dick-head in the third grade told me you could connect VectorMan to it, and play VectorMan as Knuckles...  :x
Kids do this stuff. They're kids! Besides.. you CAN play as Vectorman!!

:P

Though, you CAN use that screen to select one of the 3D Bonus worlds to play. I forget all the specifics, but it's known as "Blue Sphere" on the Sonic Mega Collection. Connect Sonic 1 to it and you can choose any of the millions of combinations.

Ok, shame on me for cheating, or trying to.  I decided to use my GameGenie to get some extra lives, but after putting in the requisiste codes, I got a message telling me to turn the power off.  Every try after, the screen below came up everytime.  I've never heard of a game with protection like this.  And why does it think the GameGenie is a copying device?   :ponder:
If I recall, they use soem fancy timing tests to see if they're connected directly to the SNES or if they're piggy-backed to something else.

Anyways, there should be a "master code" that disables the copy protection.

Though, you CAN use that screen to select one of the 3D Bonus worlds to play. I forget all the specifics, but it's known as "Blue Sphere" on the Sonic Mega Collection. Connect Sonic 1 to it and you can choose any of the millions of combinations.

I do remember this, and always thought it was quite cool

Nowadays, we could have much cooler 'no-copying!' screens.

I'd love it if Ryo Hazuki jumped up and said: 'You! Fucker! Its Not! Nice! To Copy! Games! Buy It... ...YOURSELF! Fa! g!'

Ok, shame on me for cheating, or trying to.  I decided to use my GameGenie to get some extra lives, but after putting in the requisiste codes, I got a message telling me to turn the power off.  Every try after, the screen below came up everytime.  I've never heard of a game with protection like this.  And why does it think the GameGenie is a copying device?   :ponder:
If I recall, they use soem fancy timing tests to see if they're connected directly to the SNES or if they're piggy-backed to something else.

Anyways, there should be a "master code" that disables the copy protection.

Maybe there should be, but no. I was able to find 2 master codes, but nothing works at all. I didn't take the GG like Jasoco suggested, I'm too afraid to wreck it and they are fairly hard to come by in these parts. Interestingly though, this GG has given nothing but headaches lately, it makes Gradius 3 freeze, the codes don't work properly with R-Type, etc. Perhaps My GameGenie is a dud...

Does it work with other games?

You can't break it if you open it unless you plan on smashing it with a hammer. Just take the screwdriver and open 'er up.

Or, did you try both sets of Master codes? There are three 8 character codes for each set. Try one set with its corresponding set of game codes. Then try the other.

Remember, you have to use the first Master code set (Before the "/") with the first copy of the game code. (Before the "/")

Then use the other sets. (After the "/")

THERE ARE 2 VERSIONS OF THIS GAME. IF THE FIRST CODE DOESN'T WORK

ON YOUR GAME, THEN TRY THE SECOND CODE

NOTE: BE SURE YOU ENTER THE CODES CORRECTLY, ESPECIALLY THE MASTER

CODE

1.      E6EE-A7D7 + 6DAF-12EB + 6D8D-C33E/

E6EE-A7D7 + 6DA4-1A8B + 6D8F-C33E       MASTER CODE-MUST BE

ENTERED

2.      C2A1-CE5B/C2A5-C37B     Infinite lives

3.      D465-3D67/D46C-3D07     Start with 3 lives

4.      DB65-3D67/DB6C-3D07     Start with 10 lives

5.      F665-3D67/F66C-3D07     Start with 25 lives

6.      7F65-3D67/7F6C-3D07     Start with 50 lives