IGNORED

I'm new to the forum, and I'm gettin' a 7800...

oldschooldave

I can't wait; the games look really great! :D Plus, I've read that you can play 2600 games on it without an adapter. I'd really love to get a hold of Desert Falcon, as I love Zaxxon. I'd also love to pick up a Joypad controller. (I'm a big NES fan, and I'm also getting a NES.) As a newcomer, I do have a few questions about the 7800:

Do either the 2600 or the 5200 trak-ball controllers work on the 7800?

Has anyone here ordered from O'Sheas, and if so, how is their service?

-What is the difference between Asteroids and Asteroids 3D, seeing as how both came out on the 7800?

Thats it, Thanks!

-Dave

Asteroids IS Asteroids 3-d as far as I can tell. The 7800 version of asteroids is fantastic, especially if you get asecond player.

I was all hyped for Desert Falcon, but once I played it, I was never a huge fan of it. I wish someone would homebrew a version of Zaxxon for the 7800

If you want some must have games, you cannot go wrong with Xevious, Ballblazer, and Food Fight!

I'd also love to pick up a Joypad controller. (I'm a big NES fan, and I'm also getting a NES.)

I have made NES pads work on the 7800 in the past, but I really don't have any extra to sell or any parts to make them right now.

I will keep you in mind the next time I get one made up. :)

I have never used the Atari Joypads, but I have heard that some people have problems with them.

Oh, and if you are handy with a soldering iron, you can make your own 7800 nes controllers by using this FAQ:

http://www.geocities.com/gjp57/nes-7800.txt

Do either the 2600 or the 5200 trak-ball controllers work on the 7800?

The 2600 trackball works just fine on the 7800. Just bear in mind that the 7800 games only use the "joystick emulation" mode, same as the 2600 games.

Mitch

I wish I could find my old EPYX joystick for the NES. It's the same design as the EPYX stick for the 2600 except with two buttons and an auto-fire setting. That would be ideal. I always hated the NES controllers. Too tiring to use for any length of time. An ergonomic joystick with two fire buttons like the one I had for the NES would be great to modify for the 7800. I wish I could find it.