IGNORED

HSC Week 6- Alien Brigade

Cousin Vinnie

Here's my score:

Weird thing is, when I killed the Mother Alien, my score was rolling past 699,000... and then it suddenly came back to the above score. Needless to say, I was taken aback.

Here's a few hints for my homies who care:

-Killing Hostages will SCREW you. There is a massive penalty for your mistakes. It's better to take a couple of bullets and make sure what you are shooting at is an alien than to waste it before you know for sure.

-Killing soldiers/aliens underwater net you HUGE points.

-For some strange reason, the white coal cars in the Mine level give massive bonus points when you shoot them.

-White snakes give good bonus points every time you shoot them.

Shoot: All dark green soldiers, white snakes, white coal cars, gray round things on the tracks, space ships, gray helicopters, tanks, water skiiers with the alien

Do Not Shoot: All tan soldiers, nurses, lab workers, mermaids, octopi, black dogs, green helicopters, water skiiers with the chick

For my level by level walkthru on the game, go to

www.flipsiderunner.com/7800

and go to CV's Cheap Universe

good luck!

Cousin Vinnie

I can't even get past the first level. I am shooting everything that shoots at me' date=' and nothing else, and I keep getting the "You have disregarded your commanding officer's orders..." screen.

This game sucks :|[/quote']

Make sure you are not shooting the guys in the tan shirts, and especially the dudes running out of the hut. Do not shoot the rescue copter either.

CV

Thanks for the tips Vinnie. I finally got past the fist level, I guess I was shooting the resue helicopter every time thinking it was attacking (since it looks the same as the ones that shoot at you)

Here is my high score:

643,000 (my vcr looks like shit when it's paused)

post-3803-1086914465_thumb.jpg

821,800 (w/ light gun)

Do you have to beat the game to count?

How the hell do you stop that final alien from pooping out pods? I concentrate my firepower on its "egg chute" but I either die or run out of ammo...hate that underwater level too!

Well, I didnt seem to see any damage indication when I shot at the body- but there was when I went for the egg chute.

Did I have an advantage using the light gun? I want to make sure it's all fair & square!

I wonder if there is a point difference with the light gun...

I just tried the lightgun and it does make it considerably easier, but not enough to not count his score.

The score is higher because you can shoot one thing and then move to the other side of the screen in no time at all, where a joystick takes a second or two to scroll across the screen.

Even with the lightgun I was only averaging 650k. It also takes some practice to switch over to the secondary wepon with the lightgun.