IGNORED

Count me in

Kialan

Just got my Lynx 1 today (I wanted a 1 first, I'll get a 2 later) and I must say, WOW! What a cool handheld! It has so much personality.

I got 10 carts with it with manuals except paperboy:

California Games (ridged)

Chip's Challenge (ridged)

Gauntlet (curved)

Paperboy (curved)

Rampage (curved)

Robotron 2084 (curved)

Rygar (curved)

Todd's Adventures in Slime World (curved)

Warbirds (curved)

Xenophobe (curved)

And plus I had a sealed Pit Fighter already.

Comlynx cable, carrying case, and AC adapter were also included. The only problem is the ac adapter has a fray near where the cord meets the adapter. I'm just going to wrap some electrical tape around it.

As far as games go so far I like Rygar, Chip's Challenge, Rampage (which I've also got for SMS and I like), Paperboy is ok although a bit hard to see the game (I'm used to SMS and NES versions) and I love Robotron 2084 on control setting C. Xenophobe, Gauntlet, and Slime World are ok but I don't know how to play yet. Warbirds and California games are also ok but just not my favorite genres. And we all know Pit Fighter is ....Pit Fighter :ponder:

To clean the carts I used an eraser-is this the best way to do it? I use alcohol on everything else but it seemed dangerously close to the label in these cases (and not enough applied pressure).

And I'd love to get some game recommendations from you Lynx experts :D

And I have a question..with the newer Green PCB style carts (Songbird, Telegames, Homebrews) how do you get the game out? Do you actually push on the EPROM?

I'm very happy to finally get a Lynx so count me as another gamer and collector!

And I have a question..with the newer Green PCB style carts (Songbird, Telegames, Homebrews) how do you get the game out? Do you actually push on the EPROM?

There is a green board behind it (I think) I have asked this question before and they said that you just take them out like a regular cart.

.Xenophobe, Gauntlet, and Slime World are ok but I don't know how to play yet.

Slime World is a great game! A bit of a meteroid-esque adventure side scroller. I love that game! As for Gauntlet, I like that too. Xenophobe I really dont like though.

Warbirds and California games are also ok but just not my favorite genres.

If you dont like warbirds, send it to ME! :P ;) :D

And I have a question..with the newer Green PCB style carts (Songbird' date=' Telegames, Homebrews) how do you get the game out? Do you actually push on the EPROM?

I'm very happy to finally get a Lynx so count me as another gamer and collector![/quote']

Welcome to the Lynx! It is still a fantastic handheld with amazing quality in a lot of its games.

On some of the older Songbird carts, you do have to push on the EPROM to remove the cartridge but this has never caused a problem for anyone as far as I know. On the newer Songbird carts, the PCB is black (not green), and there is a finger groove at the top of the cart for easy removal, so you never have to touch the EPROM any more.

Sounds like you've got a nice start on a collection -- I'd definitely recommend all the arcade ports, like STUN Runner, Ms. Pac-man, Rampart, BZ2K, Super Asteroids / Missile Command, Klax, etc. Other games like BattleWheels, Checkered Flag, and Lemmings are also very cool.

Sounds like you've got a nice start on a collection -- I'd definitely recommend all the arcade ports' date=' like STUN Runner, Ms. Pac-man, Rampart, BZ2K, Super Asteroids / Missile Command, Klax, etc. Other games like BattleWheels, Checkered Flag, and Lemmings are also very cool.[/quote']

All available at his site, in his signature. Now, back to your show :D ;)

Actually, I am so close to ordering a few games from them. Just need the $$$

Thanks for the game recommendations! They all look really good. I'll see if I can get a bulk deal sometime.

Is Raiden a good port vs. the Jaguar one?

Btw I'm still amazed at the flatness of the games. Much like the SMS cards. Is there some sort of different technology used?

And sorry, Warbirds is mine :) if I find an extra in the wild I'll get it for you!

Is Raiden a good port vs. the Jaguar one?

Raiden is a virtual duplicate of the Jaguar game, with the exception of the Jag's excellent in-game soundtrack. Many feel the game to be exceptionally hard, but you should be able to get to the third level with relatively little effort as long as you pick up the first powerup.

I'll take your word for it that it's good-Raiden is my favorite shooter!

I have never played the arcade raiden, so I cannot tell you how any port of it is (I like the Jag game too, I need to find it for my jag). Anyway, another good game for the lynx is APB. Very fun game, hard, but fun.

I'll take your word for it that it's good-Raiden is my favorite shooter!

I have never played the arcade raiden, so I cannot tell you how any port of it is (I like the Jag game too, I need to find it for my jag). Anyway, another good game for the lynx is APB. Very fun game, hard, but fun.

I'll agree about Raiden. I have the SNES version (raiden trad) and this translation is much more difficult, but the graphics are really top notch for lynx. very nearly as good as my snes version. lack of soundtrack is a little annoying, but otherwise its a wonderful game. Oh yeah, its been said before, but get the first powerup at any cost. even if you have to die once. It makes the rest of the game sooo much easier. :D oh and you have to get used to holding the lynx vertically, or learn to play raiden as a side scroller :ponder: