IGNORED

problems with turbo grafx 16 rf output

i recently bought five tg16s from different locations, and out of the five only two of them work, and those two only work somewhat both having issues with the rf output. which, i am assuming is what is wrong with the other three only to a greater degree. has any one out there had similar problems with the rf outputs on tg16s? and anyone know of a solution to the situation?

The RF port of the Turbo Grafx has a history of failing after prolonged use. To summarize, repeated removal and insertion of the RF plug into the RF port wears it out due to a poor design, Out of three I've come across, one had this problem.

You can get around this issue by buying a turbo booster which offers composite output, but since everyone else wants one it's a lot cheaper and easier to make your own composite cable by tapping into the expansion port pins in the back.

http://www.interlog.com/~daves/pce_info/backpln.txt

here is my solution, i have 1 of these for my 4 TG-16 systems

i had problems with the old RF so i spliced the end of the tg-16 RF to a NES RF and its worked great ever since, something inside those black boxes musta been going bad

post-541-1086719425_thumb.jpg

The RF port of the Turbo Grafx has a history of failing after prolonged use. To summarize' date=' repeated removal and insertion of the RF plug into the RF port wears it out due to a poor design, Out of three I've come across, one had this problem.

You can get around this issue by buying a turbo booster which offers composite output, but since everyone else wants one it's a lot cheaper and easier to make your own composite cable by tapping into the expansion port pins in the back.

http://www.interlog.com/~daves/pce_info/backpln.txt[/quote']

so would taking the rf output apart and cleaning it help?, or is it just a matter of it being too worn out to function?

The RF port of the Turbo Grafx has a history of failing after prolonged use. To summarize' date=' repeated removal and insertion of the RF plug into the RF port wears it out due to a poor design, Out of three I've come across, one had this problem.

so would taking the rf output apart and cleaning it help?, or is it just a matter of it being too worn out to function?

Just buy a replacement.

Just buy a replacement.

i think you might be misunderstaning what i am talking about, i am saying the rf OUTPUT on the tg16 system is not functioning, not the rf switch box that connects to the tv.

or are you saying you know of a place to purchase a new rf output for the system?