IGNORED

David Crane's Amazing Tennis

Just ran into this game for the first time today on the Genesis:

http://www.vgmuseum.com/pics4/david.html

I know it was released on the SNES and most people think that game was a clunker. But the Genny version looks and plays nice for me. In some ways the perspective and action are early forerunners of Sega's Virtua Tennis.

Anyways, I was impressed by the programming considering it was for the 16bit machines, anyone else played this one?

On the list :)

I knew you would say that ;)

I remember reading lots of reviews when Virtua Tennis came out for the Dreamcast on how no good tennis titles had been produced since the two (Activision and Real Sports) for the 2600. I believed the reviews at the time but since then I've found some good tennis games out there.

I believed the reviews at the time but since then I've found some good tennis games out there.

I'm trying to remember a fun tennis game for the Genny, but the title escapes me, I'll see if I can remember it when I get home from work. It might still be in my nomad..

I'm yet to find a tennis game on any system that I really enjoy. Probably because I prefer to hit the court and play the real thing.

-S

Do you have a Dreamcast? And have you played Virtua Tennis or Tennis 2k2? Those games are incredible and are easy to pick up.

I really like Mario tennis' date=' it's fun to play versus your friends.[/quote']

Yep, it fun on the N64, and Mario Tennis and Mario Golf are my favorite Gameboy games, they are really good portable titles :D

Thanks for the reminder, I need to play those again, it's been a few years.

it was a very attractive game, however the player in the frontcourt has the advantage. playing in the backcourt is difficult with the perspective

now for a better forerunner to Virtua Tennis, check out either Wimbledon Tennis or ATP tennis (the sequel to wimbledon). This was published by sega sports, but the cart or credits do not say which team developed it. the gameplay is very similar to virtua tennis, and the graphics were well done for the genny as well :)