IGNORED

New add-ons for Atari

garyp

a highscore cartridge for the 2600 would be really cool.

to be up-to-date technically, it should have a usb port and an installed software that sends your highscores directly to the maker's site ....

or what about a supercharger with a usb-port, so you can directly connect to the computer and fill it with roms.

remember this TV-set with integrated console ?

hehe, probably not!

it's a rare item from germany, dunno if anybody has built these in usa....

i guess that's something not too hard to make!

on the other side, after the VCSp and other interesting projects, ithink you should be even more creative than this ( and this )

quote:

Originally posted by ATARIPITBULL:

I think A dust cover for the Jaguar, or a game center type of cover for it.

Yeah, for some reason the Jaguar attracts dust like a freakin' magnet! It doesn't help either that the cartridge slot is wide open, and doesn't have a dust flap.

As for new Atari stuff, the Cuttle Cart fills my needs, though I think it would have been awesome if the game stayed in the cartridge once loaded.. so you could load a game, take it to a friends house, etc, etc. I also wouldn't mind seeing a rechargable battery pack for the Lynx... preferably something that can attach to the system without using a cord. (I was thinking of getting the battery pack from Atari... but it uses 6 D batteries!)

--Zero

I would like to see an add-on that allows you to connect a 2600 to modern TVs.

I know that there's a modification you can make to a 2600 to do this, but I don't have the electronics skills or the comfort level needed. I also don't want to open it up!

If it were possible to simply route the 2600's output that normally goes to the switch box into a new kind of switch box, that would be very nice.

hey george, very nice idea ... actually the low-tech-version of my usb-idea! but talking about the supercharger .... what about a romscanner for 10 audiotapes

hey, marco ... ich wish i had more informations about this one ... i've been asking in many of these small stores repairing TVs for this set. this pict is the only thing i have ....

looks like this is our little duel

greetings

I almost forgot... a memory expansion module would be pretty cool. I know you can have RAM inside the cartridge, but a seperate expander would cut down production costs and all (Didn't Atari plan on making something like this? Or was it some other company?)

--Zero

As far as a RAMpack like device, the Cuttle Cart pretty much provides this--it actually allows you to skip carts altogether and distribute your games on CD or floppy disk.

What I'd like to see, and unfortunately I don't have the electronics or the craftsmanship for it, is a real wooden replacement case for the 2600.

Something that is relatively wedge-shaped like the Jr, but with backlit touch-senstive buttons for the console switches like the CD-open close button on the Sony CMTEX1, or even better, buttons like those in the Atari 2700:

2700 scalloped buttons