IGNORED

WOOHOO;) Any got a DONKEY KONG Brd or MultiGm brd with Kong?

povlok1

these run off the code.. are NOT emulation.. total new pc board.. I know what you are talking about and these are not them..

They are emulation, it's not currently possible to put games that different on a single board. They don't even all use the same cpu architecture.

Looks like you got a decent deal on that Popeye' date=' congrats...

As for your board query: The monitor that is in that game will only really 'work' with a Nintendo board. If you get the 9 in one, you will have to get a new monitor, and mount it somehow in that cabinet. Your monitor now runs off of isolated 100 volts, different than the 120 isolated standard monitors run off of. The inputs are not the same, so they cannot be directly swapped (most new monitors do not need an isolated voltage line, so you are in good shape there; just tap into the power switch wires).

The 9 in 1's are also JAMMA, which means you need a JAMMA harness and a switching power supply.

In all honesty, your cheapest bet would be to get a DK board, maybe put the rom upgrade and do DK and DK Jr in it. Dont forget you will need to turn you monitor the other way :)

Cassidy[/quote']

thanks;) but I was prob going to go new monitor anyway... I acutally used to restore cars for a living (no kidding;) and I plan on doing it as mint as possible being real detailed.. than with the 9-1 it would make a nice piece. I plan on making it look totally original DK tho.. kind of like what alot of people are doing with the Galaga and Galaxian cabs..

One other question.. is that wood painted or is that a laminant?

I got that DK board off ebay for just over $100 :) so looks like Im going the Double DK route.. any can point me were I can get the eproms as dirt cheap as possible? :D

these run off the code.. are NOT emulation.. total new pc board.. I know what you are talking about and these are not them..

They are emulation' date=' it's not currently possible to put games that different on a single board. They don't even all use the same cpu architecture.[/quote']ahh, y bad;P So the boards that you see that are multi,, they use a emulated version of an xbox?? the ones Ive seen (mayber ther several types?_) looked like a totally unique board,, do they just steal the processores out of it (xbox)?

The one's I've seen were a single board computer, either a pc style or the 3 in 1 had a risc processor like a playstation.

The double donkey kong is actually a board hack. The guy that invented it quit doing it. Mike halaand does them. http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl There's another guy that does them or at least used to. Dave Graboski? at Electronic amusements. He also sells 3in1's etc. I can recomend Mike completely. No comment about Dave.

The one's I've seen were a single board computer,  either a pc style or the 3 in 1 had a risc processor like a playstation.

The double donkey kong is actually a board hack.  The guy that invented it quit doing it.   Mike halaand does them.  http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl   There's another guy that does them or at least used to.  Dave Graboski? at Electronic amusements.   He also sells 3in1's etc.  I can recomend Mike completely.  No comment about Dave.

I noticed you need a DK Jr board, and not a DK brd;( does mike repair as well? I just piced up a 'untested' Jr brd for $33:)

Phillipe at arcade renovations is good to use for artwork. All my deals with him have gone well. Some guys don't like him because he sometimes has sales and blows out a bunch of product at cost, but that doesn't bother me :) I got some DK artwork for him at a ridiculous price a year ago.

Cabinets are painted blue.  The color code is out on the web, and then just have Lowes or Home Depot mix it up for you :)

Congrats on the boards, you should be in good shape now.

www.therealbobroberts.com sells the cap kits for your monitor.  Nintendo tubes are generally worth rebuilding..

Cassidy

I used to paint cards.. I heard the color code isnt quite right.. I plan on using a electronic color sampler.. its a $5,000 device we use in the automotive paint department, lay it on somthing, it will tell you how to mix that exact color! even works when paint fades;) So, I plan on using a car 'type' enamal and clear coat on these units.. will wear like iron!

I almost never bother to paint them, but the I think the guys that do pull the back door off and take it in to get it matched. It'd be a lot better if you have access to the equipment and could match the paint under the artwork.

I plan on using a car 'type' enamal and clear coat on these units.. will wear like iron!

That's what I used to paint my MAME cab. Nice and shiny and pretty scratch resistant. I get a lot of compliments on the finish.

-S

I plan on using a car 'type' enamal and clear coat on these units.. will wear like iron!

That's what I used to paint my MAME cab. Nice and shiny and pretty scratch resistant. I get a lot of compliments on the finish.

-S

ya,, im going to try and 'tone down' the shine alittle to make it look more original.. they actually make a paint additive to help with that.. like for when you would paint black or white racing stripes ontop of a late 60's muscle car;)