IGNORED

Coleco Adam Prototypes?

else

Does anyone have any information about what prototypes from Coleco have been found for the Adam? There seems to be virtually no info on the net anywhere. Here's all I've been able to come up with:

SmartBASIC 2.0

AdamLink II

AdamLink III (was this from Coleco or a 3rd party?)

AdamLink III+ (was this from Coleco or a 3rd party?)

Super Subroc

Super Cabbage Patch Kids (does this really exist?)

Tunnes & Trolls

Jeopardy

The Best of Electronic Arts -- Hard Hat Mack and Pinball Construction Set

-Derek

Does anyone have any information about what prototypes from Coleco have been found for the Adam? There seems to be virtually no info on the net anywhere. Here's all I've been able to come up with:

SmartBASIC 2.0

AdamLink II

AdamLink III (was this from Coleco or a 3rd party?)

AdamLink III+ (was this from Coleco or a 3rd party?)

Super Subroc

Super Cabbage Patch Kids (does this really exist?)

Tunnes & Trolls

Jeopardy

The Best of Electronic Arts -- Hard Hat Mack and Pinball Construction Set

-Derek

I never even bothered keeping track of prototype utilities since I don't use it for that and don't care.

Super Cabbage Patch Kids exists, I have it. It's supposedly 128k, doesn't look it though. I haven't played it that much but I've spotted some differences in the obstacles you jump over and the backgrounds.

There's also Super Dam Busters, Super Front Line (demo), Troll's Tale, Family Feud, Temple of Apshai, I think there's some Zork text adventures. I recall hearing about some Super version of a Smurf game. The version of Tunnels and Trolls out there now is just an animated title screen.

I once found a white Atari 2600 adapter along with a couple of Adams. I thought it wa unusal, but not "that unusual" and I passed on it. Especailly since it had been cracked like it had been dropped on the floor. To this day I regret not picking up everything that was there. I suspect that these may have all been hardware protos. Of course, that was several years ago.

Regards,

-Lee

Family Feud was indeed relesed. Jeopardy was a proto, as was Best of Electronic Arts, as well as Super Subroc. The ADAMLinks 2 and 3 are not protos, but are 'expanded' version of the original, as well as Smartbasic 2.

I never heard of the Frontline proto. I'd love to see it.

I once found a white Atari 2600 adapter along with a couple of Adams. I thought it wa unusal' date=' but not "that unusual" and I passed on it. Especailly since it had been cracked like it had been dropped on the floor. To this day I regret not picking up everything that was there. I suspect that these may have all been hardware protos. Of course, that was several years ago.

Regards,

-Lee[/quote']

Are you sure it was a Atari 2600 adapter? There was a speech synthesizer module called EVE that came in a white case and plugged into the ADAM expansion port, which is the same kind of exp port as the CV's.

Are you sure it was a Atari 2600 adapter? There was a speech synthesizer module called EVE that came in a white case and plugged into the ADAM expansion port, which is the same kind of exp port as the CV's.

It was definetely an Atari 2600 adapter. I would have bought it, but it was overpriced (I thought at the time).. something like $12. It was cracked severely like it had been dropped on the floor. I was a Naive collector (most a game player) at the time.

Don't ask me about the time I passed on the original Intellivision computer. It sat for months in a thrift before... well, I think they tossed it. :ponder: I did get ALL the cassette software , still shrinkwrapped, though.

Yep, it was the brown keyboard. I've found 3 of them here in Seattle. As I understand it, Seattle was a test market for these before Mattel pulled the plug and recalled them.

FWIW, I had ALL the software for it at one time or another (most of it shrinkwrapped). I couldn't run most of them as I needed the elusive BASIC cart.

Regards,

-Lee

3? Still have one?  

Tempest

Sadly I sold 2 of them and the first one.. well, I told you what happened to it :roll:

Here are a couple of pics of them and my collection at the time . I still have everything except the Computer stuff. I think I am missing on boxed game to complete my Intelly collection (minus protos and such.)

intvcol1.jpg

This one appeared at CGE one year (I know it because it was missing the ENTER button). I think Dan Blitz ended up with it.

intvcol2.jpg

I think I can get my hands on another. It wouldn't be cheap though.

Somewhere, I still have the basic cart manual. Never did find the Basic Cart though.

-Lee

I'd really love to have one of those too!!!

Just to put this back on topic a bit, I think you can add "Troll's Tale" to the list of protos that emerged from Coleco for the Adam after it's demise. I've never played it, but I just bought a copy off of eBay so it should be fun to try out....

-Derek