IGNORED

HSC Week 7

ApolloBoy

OK, the games for this week are Food Fight, Desert Falcon, and One-On-One Basketball. Here are the current point standings...

1. Jedi Jeff - 28

2. Trip Cannon - 23

3. Cousin Vinnie - 22

4. Rockman X - 15

5. BJK - 10

6. Shannon - 9

7. NE146 - 8

8. Goochman - 7

9. Devo - 5

9. RJ - 5

11. Atari Wizard - 0

12. CShell - 0

Now let's begin, and good luck to everybody! :)

Had some time to play these tonight so here are my first scores:

One-on-One (pro, 4 min quarters, loser's out): 98-50

Food Fight : for some reason it wouldn't go back to my score so I could take a pic, not sure if it was always like that or not. :? Anyway, I scored over 1,860,000 on intermediate.

Desert Falcon: 63,363 (need more practice.)

Jeff

post-1375-1087267435_thumb.jpg

post-1375-1087267436_thumb.jpg

Hmm well with three games and two other HSC's you probably wont be seeing much competition from me. But if I have time to slip in a couple games I'll post my meager score. ;)

Where does that put us? At the halfway point on the entire 7800 library?

I haven't had much time this week for games and I go on vacation tomorrow... I don't have much more time to play so here are my current scores:

Desert Falcon - 83256

Food Fight - 227900

One on One - 150-69

I don't have the pics with me.. I'll try to post some better scores later..

I was playing some more food fight and had a couple good games. My high score so far is 4,543,100. :) A couple hints for the other people playing this: Sometimes it is better to just run rather than fight. Use the chefs' thrown food to your advantage whenever possible, they will follow you and sometimes you can lead them into the line of another chef's fire. At the beginning of each level try to pick the best path to the cone, which usually involves leading the chefs away from food piles. Always try to take a piece of food with you to the next level, it can be a lifesaver. Hope that helps.

Jeff

post-1375-1087530803_thumb.jpg

@jedijeff- you MUST be a Jedi w/ that score!!! Ive used those strategies since playing the game in the arcade. I know all that stuff & probably never break 500K. The chef w/ the round hat (tends to guard the cone) starts chucking food nonstop & indiscriminately!

Is there a game algorithm or something that ensures you're not penned in by holes/chefs at the start of every level, or is it totally random?

@jedijeff- you MUST be a Jedi w/ that score!!! Ive used those strategies since playing the game in the arcade. I know all that stuff & probably never break 500K. The chef w/ the round hat (tends to guard the cone) starts chucking food nonstop & indiscriminately!

Is there a game algorithm or something that ensures you're not penned in by holes/chefs at the start of every level, or is it totally random?

I think that is the chef that will pretty much run away from you as long as you're going toward him. He's usually not a problem as long as you don't overtake the food you throw at him.

I don't know how it determines the location of holes/chefs, but I do know from experience that it will pen you in at times giving you no exit.

Another semi-hint is that I like to start on level 16, because the slow speed at the early levels can throw you off on the later levels when the speed starts increasing quite rapidly.

Jeff