that would reach the TV already and I really want to use the TV ssoo

is there an adapter SVIDEO<-->RCA?

thanks for your help

kvn

nice link. it looks like a could make one, but according to that article the

output will be less than stellar. I am thinking about trying it, but I would

think (especially after reading that article) there must be cheap connector

that translates rca<--->svid

HAN: no the SCART interface is not used in the USA at all.

kvn

SCART is Europe-only and I like it! 21 different pins in just one plug. Audio, RGB, S-video, Composite, automatic signal switch and lots more. I made my own Mono + Composite RCA to SCART cable for my ever going to be postponed modding project :P It works great!

It sucks that scart is europe only, cuz then it would be easy to connect a computer to a tv. Those things have everything don't they? RGB, S-Video, Composite video, Component video, stereo audio....

I know I am answering my own question, but I want to update this thread

incase anyone comes across it with a similar problem. I found two

converters one at Radio Shack (which costs 20 bucks) and this one which

is only 10 dollars and acomplishes everything in little package:

post-5044-1087329137_thumb.jpg

The world would be a better place if everything used SCART and all tv's ran at 60hz. It's a perfect compromise between the two systems. The French would probably be pretty pissed off though cuz they couldn't have their System Essentially Contrary to the American Method, or SECAM for short. The French can seem to win anything. (including wars) ;)

It sucks that scart is europe only, cuz then it would be easy to connect a computer to a tv. Those things have everything don't they? RGB, S-Video, Composite video, Component video, stereo audio....

No component video unfortunately, and S-Video was only added as an afterthought so doesn't work with all TVs... but yes it is nice.

The world would be a better place if everything used SCART and all tv's ran at 60hz. It's a perfect compromise between the two systems. The French would probably be pretty pissed off though cuz they couldn't have their System Essentially Contrary to the American Method, or SECAM for short. The French can seem to win anything. (including wars)  ;)

SECAM is being phased out in favor of PAL (for many years now, but it's a slow business getting completely rid of it...) and 60hz is not that cool since it also means only 480 visible lines and ugly telecine for 24fps movies... whereas 50hz gives you 576 lines, but, movies have to be put on steroids by playing them 4% faster than they're inteded to be played. Nothing is really that ideal a solution I guess.

PAL, SECAM, NTSC all suck as far as I am concerned  :D ... Miserable colour representation, low resolution and annoying interlaced picture.... It’s time for a new video standard pls…   :)

True enough. Here in Germany we're going digital for real now, in some areas (Berlin and Cologne) analog broadcasting has been completely switched off... of course while this means better colors and better horiz resolution, vert resolution and interlacedness are here to stay for the moment. HDTV is still a long ways off... and I guess until some *good* codec like H.264 is actually mature enough for widespread deployment and has *cheap-ass chips* implementing it, HDTV won't become the standard broadcasting method. MPEG-2 HDTV simply takes up too much of that precious bandwidth. But with a good codec you could broadcast everything in HDTV and then the receiver box would just downscale it for pre-HDTV TVs. Oh well the bigger the haul the more slowly it has to move, and TV technology as such is a *very* big haul with probably close to a billion sets in use worldwide... so things will always move sloooowly.