IGNORED

PAL identification

Wester

Is there any positve way to identify a PAL game from NTSC, just by looking? I had posted on the auction forum about a Robin Hood/ Sir Lancelot XonoX that I had won and I was told on the forum that it was PAL. I looked it up in the Rarity Guide here at AA and the picture is exactly the same as the one that I won. I have been in contact with the seller (who is in Germany, and says he is a collector) and he said that it also says made in USA on the label. I have already withdrawn my bid and worked it out with the seller, but I don't want to go through this exitement and letdown again.

Is there any positve way to identify a PAL game from NTSC, just by looking? I had posted on the auction forum about a Robin Hood/ Sir Lancelot XonoX that I had won and I was told on the forum that it was PAL. I looked it up in the Rarity Guide here at AA and the picture is exactly the same as the one that I won. I have been in contact with the seller (who is in Germany, and says he is a collector) and he said that it also says made in USA on the label. I have already withdrawn my bid and worked it out with the seller, but I don't want to go through this exitement and letdown again.

As far as I know there is NO WAY of telling the format of a cart by looking alone. I have an old black and white portable TV connected to a PAL jnr. If I insert a PAL cart then the screen is normal, if I insert a NTSC cart then the screen rolls badly (Simple test but effective).