IGNORED

Suicide Mission hack!

Tsukasa

I am currently working on hacking suicide mission back into asteroids, like it was before atari sued starpath about it. However, due to copyright restrictions I wont be able to post it. How can I get around this? I thought about creating a patch but I don't know how...

Would it be legal if I just posted the 2600Gfx txt file?

• 4 weeks later...

I stopped working on it and probably won't continue it unless I can find a way to safely distribute it. I might go ahead and finish it anyway, I'd like to find a patching program so I can distribute a patch and tell people where to get the original rom.

Are there any freeware patching programs available?

• 1 year later...

I stopped working on it and probably won't continue it unless I can find a way to safely distribute it. I might go ahead and finish it anyway, I'd like to find a patching program so I can distribute a patch and tell people where to get the original rom.

Are there any freeware patching programs available?

For a patch what if you had a txt file of the parts you changed. In that case all you would be giving is parts which is not the whole game, if people downloaded the original and they wanted your changes all they would need do is open your txt file and use showgfx for the original. Then just highlight your parts copy, highlight the parts on the original at the same addresses and paste over them with yours.

After everything has been changed they can use Editgfx to make it into their own game.

Who? Me? No, but atari threatened to sue starpath if they released their asteroids clone, meteoroid. You can find out more at atariproto's suicide mission page.

That was in 1982, I don't think Atari really cares anymore. So you post the rom on AA and if Atari tells AA to pull the Rom they will but odds are no one cares anymore.