IGNORED

Tronman!! Wanna Help??

neotokeo2001

OK. This is a little strange. Go here for the background story:

http://atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t...der=asc&start=0

I need help designing food sprites for the following joke hack.

Tronman!!

Tronman must make his way around the game-grid and collect the food that appears. Collect enough food and the card-key to the next level will appear,

grab it and move on to the next sector and a new item to feast on. Beware of the patrolling Recognizers, If they catch Tronman they will De-Rez him.

download.php?id=26150

download.php?id=26151

Any help on the enemy or food sprites would be welcome.

Atari Troll?? Out of Gas?? Anybody??

A work in progress label is below. Anyone want to make a better one??

post-3832-1087433189_thumb.jpg

Latest Update:

Trying to give the hack more of a Tron Feel.

Changed Title and Score Font

Added Background Bits

Added Data Transfer Points (Ladders)

Tronman now Digitizes up the Transfer Points(Instead of Climbing)

New Title Font:

download.php?id=26181

Tronmans stomach bounces!!

download.php?id=26180

Digitized Tronman passing up the Transfer Point

download.php?id=26179

Would anyone be interested in getting a cart of this hack?? It would look nice in a clear red shell.

Here's a better idea instead of red case, use a clear blue case, paint on some fluorescent blue stripes and tuck a few UV LED inside so the cart glows when it's on.

Now if I can get a hold of a clear blue cart case without having to buy a game...

Cool Idea! The Blue case and LEDs are possible.

Mini-recognizers!!!  The MCP couldn't afford the real big ones here with all the power he's usurped, so he sent these to go after Tronman.

That gives me an idea. The Enemy at the top of the screen can me the MCP.

As you collect food, the MCP loses power untill you are able to get the key card from him. :)

Hahahahahaha! That's amazing!! :lol:

The game looks great so far!! But I have a question. What's the purpose of the cherries and fruit things on the box? Could the fruit be changed to something more Tronlike? And I don't want to seem like a nit picker (I could be wrong), but wasn't he given the nickname Tron Guy?

Hahahahahaha! That's amazing!!  :lol:  

The game looks great so far!! But I have a question. What's the purpose of the cherries and fruit things on the box?  Could the fruit be changed to something more Tronlike? And I don't want to seem like a nit picker (I could be wrong), but wasn't he given the nickname Tron Guy?

The fruit is just a placeholder graphic for the different types of food that Tronman will collect thru the various levels. The food sprites are still being designed and have'nt been added to the hack. The food idea is a joke based on the bulk of Tronman. :)

I did'nt know there was a serious project to make a Tron Guy game so my hack will stay Tronman. I will post some updated shots this weekend.

Mini-recognizers!!!  The MCP couldn't afford the real big ones here with all the power he's usurped, so he sent these to go after Tronman.

That gives me an idea. The Enemy at the top of the screen can me the MCP.

As you collect food, the MCP loses power untill you are able to get the key card from him. :)

Added the MCP at the top.

post-3832-1087522982_thumb.jpg

Hahahahahaha! That's amazing!!  :lol:  

The game looks great so far!! But I have a question. What's the purpose of the cherries and fruit things on the box?  Could the fruit be changed to something more Tronlike? And I don't want to seem like a nit picker (I could be wrong), but wasn't he given the nickname Tron Guy?

The fruit is just a placeholder graphic for the different types of food that Tronman will collect thru the various levels. The food sprites are still being designed and have'nt been added to the hack. The food idea is a joke based on the bulk of Tronman. :)

That makes sense! :lol:

Atari Charles here,

Your hack is coming along very nicely. I'm sure Tron Man will be pleased.

You might want to substitute the fruits for hamburgers and more fatty foods.

Pm me when you get your PMs.

Atari Charles

I am in the process of desigining other food sprites. It makes it harder that they have to be single color sprites, so a hamburger just looks like a blob.

Still working on it.