IGNORED

What is Your White Whale?

Odd that this question comes up now...in the past months, 3 of my "White Whale" items (well, two carts and a concert...) have been found :)

So I guess my current White Whales are:

Vectrex

Neo-Geo

those are the only two systems I want, but have not yet been able to acquire. I think the main reason is that I'm a cheapskate, and have no real desire to spend more than $100 for either one...although it seems that Vectrex prices may be coming down a touch...so that one may be doable this year. Oh yeah, I also don't use eBay...so that makes things a lot harder.

I do have a few White Whale games...all for the 2600

Swordquest: Earthworld

Harbor Escape

Artillery Duel (Single Ender)

Atari Video Cube

Pooyan

Tron Deadly Discs

so why are these white whales for me? They are the last games I need in order to get back all the games I had as a kid. I've been working on this for 4 years, I want it done :)

Odd that this question comes up now...in the past  months, 3 of my "White Whale" items (well, two carts and a concert...) have been found :)

So I guess my current White Whales are:

Vectrex

Neo-Geo  

those are the only two systems I want, but have not yet been able to acquire.  I think the main reason is that I'm a cheapskate, and have no real desire to spend more than $100 for either one...although it seems that Vectrex prices may be coming down a touch...so that one may be doable this year.  Oh yeah, I also don't use eBay...so that makes things a lot harder.

I do have a few White Whale games...all for the 2600

Swordquest: Earthworld  

Harbor Escape

Artillery Duel (Single Ender)

Atari Video Cube

Pooyan

Tron Deadly Discs

so why are these white whales for me?  They are the last games I need in order to get back all the games I had as a kid.  I've been working on this for 4 years, I want it done :)

I have a Vectrex I am looking to trade if you have anything good

I have a Vectrex I am looking to trade if you have anything good

This is the inherent problem I have when I try to deal. My good stuff, I want to keep :) I keep trying to rid myself of the stuff I don't want, but it ends up being stuff noone else wants either :|

If you have a wantlist or anything specific you are trying to find...let me know...but my tradelist is truthfully non-existant right now (save for a few loose NES games...)

Just another thing to do on my days off next week...

My White Whales were Vectrex and NeoGeo... Not necessarily because they're hard to find, but because of the prices.... however, I scored a Vectrex a year or so ago at a thrift store, so that just leaves the NG. I made a new years resolution to buy one before the end of the year too, so when someone brings this topic back from the dead next year, I'll probably have that one too!

--Zero

I posted a topic similar to this a few days ago, but whatever.

Anyways, I currently do not have a "white whale" title that I'm searching for.

I've come to the conclusion that with eBay, online retailers, and forums, there will ALWAYS be a way to acquire something that you want quickly and easily. Face it, there's lots of item turnover in this hobby...people buy something, hold onto it for like a year and then sell it off due to financial concerns or whatever.

Back in the olden days, white whale titles were common due to lower print runs and lack of viable used game outlets and whatnot.

well my ultimate white whale is the holy grail of consoles, the entex adventurevision! one time i even brought an old sears catalog clipping of it around to show my junk finders at the flea market.

like a lot of game hunters i've trained my eye to spot console edges and key wires in the junk piles. this has landed me 5 vectrexes over the years, its still a rush every time. i know the distinctive sound of carts tumbling in a box even, i'm something of a shark with game finds.

for software my white whales are the last dozen or so carts i need to complete my SMS, 7800, INTV and 5200 collections...i've been stuck at 80% complete on those platforms for what seems like years and i refuse to ebay for them.