IGNORED

Anyone ever have a completely common game elude them???

Blackjax

Argh, this is more annoying than a real problem. I was playing some old Atari games with my girlfriend, and I managed to stand up and crush my copy of Maze Craze. Now this isn't exactly the rarest cartridge around so I'm not exactly jumping at the chance to pay eBay prices for it, but I'll be damned if I can find a copy at thrifts or fleas for the past three weeks!

I used to see this all the time, and while I've not run into a shortage of the usual Atari commons (although the Combat w/ number for a quarter put a smile on my face), but has anyone else ever noticed a sudden shortage of a game the minute you are actually looking for it?

(i think the powers that be are laughing at me)

Yea Zero i know how that feels looking for a rarity of 2 or 3 and cant find them anyplace . at one time Asteroids Silver was teh one i could never find no matter how hard i looked ( even with EBAY i didnt see it forsale all taht often) now i have it i dont see it that often online. my hardest one to find it "PELE"S CHAMPIONSHIP SOCCER" that full title one its annoying its lieka 2 or 3 and i cant find inf pic or text label i haev 2 pic of pele soccer and 1 text of championship soccer but thats it . yet rareones like Crazy Climber Greatescape BomB also smurfs save the day and Qubert Qubes came rather easy . (Qbert took a little work and time to get) but the rest were simple items to get surprisingly

@ khryssun

Hi, I have never search Schtroumpfs (Smurf french), because I have not know, that this exist. But I have found it on ebay and won it. Only game, but its funny to have with an other name.

Raiders of the Lost Ark and Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back have I both complete. And Superman have I with manual.

Championship Soccer have I too complete. And many other games.

But I miss too some common games, because I often look first for Rare games. And for some games will I buy only a cheap price.

Matthias

Well..there is a place here in town that has most of the commons here. He usually charges no more than about a dollar to 5 dollars a game. Maze Craze he has multiples of...and also I have seen more than one copy of Superman as well in various label varations.

Let me know if I can get these for you guys. They would be loose carts...but if you just want the carts...I can get these.

And I wouldn't go all ballistic on the shipping either..I can assure you. Just the knowledge that I had helped fellow collectors and enthusiats is enough for me. Then I hope to have the favor returned someday...hehe...

Check my profile and email me if you need me to get these.

The picture label of Atari Blackjack continues to elude me. I have no idea why it's so hard to find, it's not like any of the other 86 re-releases are.

Sears Backgammon took me forver to find as well, it was the last Sears game I needed. It's not common, but it's not really rare either. Anyone have the box or instructions for it?

Tempest

quote:

Originally posted by Blackjax

...has anyone else ever noticed a sudden shortage of a game the minute you are actually looking for it?

well, for me it's often the inverse situation : I think ... oh I'd like to find this one and... hop I found it somewhere in the 1-2 weeks.

Except for 3 games that I definitely can't find :

- Superman (PAL)

- Empire Strikes Back (PAL) (Complete in Box)

- Raiders of the lost Ark (PAL) (Complete in Box)

But usually I'm surprised to find some not so common games quickly.

The last ones :

H.E.R.O. + Box

Obelix + Box

Schtroumpfs + Box (French SECAM version of Smurfs) ....hmmm, I was searching this last one for some monthes.

and I'm waiting to receive :

Space Shuttle + Box ($3.25)

Subteranea + Box ($3.25)

Volleyball complete in fox ($3.25)

[ 09-07-2001: Message edited by: khryssun ]

This may shock, but I didn't have a Combat until I'd been collecting for 7 months.

Now of course, I find them like everyone else at every place I go ... under rocks, in my Val-Pak coupon packages in the mail, etc...

But for awhile I was a person without Combat.

Now with 300+ games my Common Quests are 3D Tic-Tac-Toe, Basketball and Sears Golf.

Randy, you're not the only one without Combat!! I just got my system back from a friend, and thought that I had it. Nope...no Combat in site. I have ALOT of collecting to do! I'm missing several games (like Yar's Revenge, Superman, Berserk, Phoenix, argh!!) not to mention the one almost everyone seems to have, Combat!!