IGNORED

Game room chaos...

OK, my game systems are in two different rooms, my room, and my family room. Several systems are hooked up, some aren't. Here's what I have in each room...

My Room

NES (front-loader)

SMS

800XL (shares RF cable with the 7800)

Genesis (shares hookups with the SMS)

2600 Jr. (not hooked up)

2600 Heavy 6er (not hooked up)

VIC-20 (not hooked up)

C64 (not hooked up)

Family Room

NES (top-loader)

SNES

N64

Gamecube

PS2

PSX (not hooked up)

What should I do? I have limited space in each room, especially my room. I also need some help on what systems I should hook up and which ones I'll put in the chest I have in my room.

Get a "Power Base Converter" for the Genesis and then you can loose the SMS. I also got a nifty RCA splitter from Radio Shack a while ago so that I can run my 7800 and 800XL into the same input on my coaxial switch box.

post-1863-1087788009_thumb.jpg

Get a "Power Base Converter" for the Genesis and then you can loose the SMS.  I also got a nifty RCA splitter from Radio Shack a while ago so that I can run my 7800 and 800XL into the same input on my coaxial switch box.

I've been thinking about getting a Power Base Converter for some time, actually. And as for the RCA splitter, that's a great idea, but I don't have enough space on my desk to put on both the 7800 and the 800XL.

Usually I rotate my systems keeping those unused safely stored in my closet. You can get those metal cube organizers that are sold on Home Depot (when assembled they look like those plastic boxes used to carry milk) and build custom sized shelfs that can hold multiple systems.

I don't have enough space on my desk to put on both the 7800 and the 800XL.

If you loose the 5200, you could park a damned boat in the family room! :P

:lol:

Well, almost all the systems in the family room sit on top (Gamecube, top-loading NES, N64) or near the TV (SNES, PS2). The 5200 sits inside the cabinet that the TV sits on.

My Room

NES (front-loader), 7800 , SMS, 800XL (shares RF cable with the 7800),

Genesis (shares hookups with the SMS), 2600 Jr. (not hooked up),

2600 Heavy 6er (not hooked up), VIC-20 (not hooked up),

C64 (not hooked up)

Family Room

NES (top-loader), SNES, N64, Gamecube, 5200, PS2, PSX (not hooked up)

Get rid of dup systems (NES, 2600's, PSX).

Pack away the VIC-20, probably useless anyways. :P

Most 5200 games can be played on the 800XL anyways, so unless you have a fixation with the controllers or something, I'd pack away the 5200.

There is a thing you can get that plugs in top of the N64 and lets you play NES and SNES games. I just forgot the name of it.

Buy yourself an Xbox, mod it, and load it up with emu's and pack away all of your systems. :lol:

OK, my game systems are in two different rooms, my room, and my family room. Several systems are hooked up, some aren't. Here's what I have in each room...

My Room

NES (front-loader)

SMS

800XL (shares RF cable with the 7800)

Genesis (shares hookups with the SMS)

2600 Jr. (not hooked up)

2600 Heavy 6er (not hooked up)

VIC-20 (not hooked up)

C64 (not hooked up)

Family Room

NES (top-loader)

SNES

N64  

Gamecube

PS2

PSX (not hooked up)

What should I do? I have limited space in each room, especially my room. I also need some help on what systems I should hook up and which ones I'll put in the chest I have in my room.

Buy a bigger House. :D

Pack away the VIC-20, probably useless anyways.  :P

Most 5200 games can be played on the 800XL anyways, so unless you have a fixation with the controllers or something, I'd pack away the 5200.

There is a thing you can get that plugs in top of the N64 and lets you play NES and SNES games.  I just forgot the name of it.

Buy yourself an Xbox, mod it, and load it up with emu's and pack away all of your systems.  :lol:

1: Well, I don't want to get rid of dup systems, I'll at least pack them away.

2: I actually don't have controllers for my 5200 yet, so I'll keep the 800XL around while the 5200 is put away.

3: I've heard about that, but from what I've heard, it sucks.

4: :lol:

Pack away the VIC-20, probably useless anyways.  :P

There is a thing you can get that plugs in top of the N64 and lets you play NES and SNES games.  I just forgot the name of it.

Buy yourself an Xbox, mod it, and load it up with emu's and pack away all of your systems.  :lol:

1: Well, I don't want to get rid of dup systems, I'll at least pack them away.

2: I actually don't have controllers for my 5200 yet, so I'll keep the 800XL around while the 5200 is put away.

3: I've heard about that, but from what I've heard, it sucks.

4: :lol:

I have number 3, and from what little use I got out of it it seemed fine to me. ;)

Actually I did do option 4 and it worked out much better than I thought. All my other systems are now packed away and I have just one neat box which very nearly does all.

It won't do your Gamecube obviously, and I haven't found a complete working C64 emu yet either so it's not a perfect solution

Actually I did do option 4 and it worked out much better than I thought.  All my other systems are now packed away and I have just one neat box which very nearly does all.

It won't do your Gamecube obviously, and I haven't found a complete working C64 emu yet either so it's not a perfect solution

Your using Vice64 right? I dunno much about the C64 so I have not spent much time with it.

BTW emulators for the Amiga (xport), amstrad CPC, Atari Lynx, (a new MSX emulator) and the X680000 just recentally came out.

I'm in EMU heaven! The new Amiga emu is much better than the other one that was out. I'm gonna have fun trying out all those Amiga games I missed over the years.

Funny considering I had like three Amiga's at one point.

I have number 3, and from what little use I got out of it it seemed fine to me.  ;)

I also heard they sucked. They are very cheaply made, & I've heard 2 or 3 people who had owned & used say they didn't give a great picture. I bought the Super 8 which was a similar device for the SNES, allowed for NES, Famicom, & SFam to be played on US SNES, I liked it, but it too was a cheaply made, and it suffered the same fate as the US Top Loaders with the vertical lines in picture. The Tristar 64 for supposively worse than Super 8..

I just thought of something. How about I get a C64c and pack away the regular C64, would that work?

Isn't the C64C larger?? I believe it has a larger footprint. Not quite as high as a breadbox but deeper on the back side.

Must be me. I have the tristar 64 and other than what appears to be lack of some video filters, the games looked fine to me.

I think some people are probably a little too picky about these things. From my experience it is certainly no different from the sharpness of emulation compared to the real thing.

Who knows, maybe they got faulty units. Maybe they were using RHF instead of composite video out/in.