IGNORED

Skweek or Chips Challenge

Rocko

I would get Chip's Challenge first, and then after you've finished it you can get Super Skweek later.  :)  I love Chip's Challenge, but part of that could be nostalgia as it's one of the first games I purchased when I bought my Lynx a long time ago.  

..Al

The only reason you recomended it is because you have more Chips carts than you do Skweek carts, huh? ;)

Well, I am gonna get Chips. Just to help you out.

Hi,

I own both, and I enjoy Chip's challenge more. Super Sweek is a top down arcade shooter in the same genre as alien syndrome or Ikari Warriors, but with some puzzle game elements thrown in. I find the game controls poorly.

Chips Challenge is a puzzle game with some arcade elements.

Personally, I think the best game for the Lynx is Crystal Mines II. That game is a perfect blend of puzzles and arcade style action, IMO.

Enoy your prize!

Hmm... haven't played either of them for quite some time (i'm still totally addicted to APB :love: ).

But I do remember that Chip's Challenge was more of a good brain teaser, but Super Skweek was a lot more fun to play (however, I only ever played that game linked-up)!

I f you can afford it, then i do suggest you get both. :wink:

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Lynx's puzzlers, as they're all fantastic. If you can spare $10 or so, get Shanghai. If you can spare the big bucks ($30 and up), get Loopz. Loopz is certainly in the Lynx's "top ten", and much underrated.  :)

I actually dont like Shabhai. IMO, the best puzzle game for the Lynx is Ishido.

OK, I went and played both Chips Challenge & Super Skweek in order to jog my memory for better feedback, and...

Chips Challenge is definately the go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! Why did i ever not get more into this game? If u can only get one of the 2 games, then i strongly recommend Chips Challenge :D

Hmm... haven't played either of them for quite some time (i'm still totally addicted to APB  :love:  ).

a.p.b. is a fun game, but it starts to get a little boring and old once you (I)

get to around  "day 15". IMO   once you run out of the bad guy element of

the game by capturing them all it sort of loses the fun factor for me. the

cinemas and the voices in it are what always made me keep coming back

for more!! i'd really screw up sometimes just to see to see the duty serg-

eant breathe fire on me! i like the lynx version "far" better than the sit

down version i used to play at the arcade up the street from me. the arcade version really kind of left me cold as an "arcade game". it just was

not a fun game for me like the lynx version proved to be!  i've heard a

different story from others here on this forum before. i just did not like

the way it came across in an arcade cabinet.   my two cents worth.

--the lynxer

But I do remember that Chip's Challenge was more of a good brain teaser, but Super Skweek was a lot more fun to play (however, I only ever played that game linked-up)!  

I f you can afford it, then i do suggest you get both.  :wink:

hmmmm, if you are a fan of many of the old arcade maze games and such i would get "super skweek", it has many elements i recognized from

many games i've seen over the years since first being exposed to an arc-

ade environment in 1973/4. has it really been 30 years?? wow!! i am old!!

chips challenge can be a little fun for a time--never been a great maze

game fan though. the only lynx game exception here is "crystal mines 2,

this is a fun and addictive lynx title! sokomania is fun as well. also, i did

like loopz when i got it in 1997. the music and such in it is a nice diversion

on the lynx screen for me now and again "still".

i would choose super skweek first, then i'd go for something other than

"chips challenge" out there. if you can get it "new and sealed" for $3.00

dollars out of the clearance bin,like i did years ago at montgomery ward,

go for it! just don't pay "good money" to get it. chips challenge is/was a

mediocre lynx game (at best) for me. IMO my two cents worth.

--the lynxer

Guys., I need your advice on behalf of my wife who tried to play Super Skweek but she is not getting the hang of it. (BTW she is addicted to Chips Challenge) I never played Skweek myself. She is can't use the weapons in Skweek. Shee consulted the poster manual and found it to be no help. Please, for her sanity and mine can you tell me how you use the weaponse on Skweek.

• 1 month later...

As far as I remember (been a while since I stuck this card in), you can only have one weapon at a time; you can't collect many different types, and pick and choose which one you want to use.

On screen, the weapons all look the same, a yellow circle/oval, not to be mistaken for the coins which are slightly larger yellow circles/ovals. Picking up the weapon power-up just changes the way the weapon behaves, such as rapid-fire, circle, boomarang, etc, all behave as you would expect.

If you get a weapon that you like to use, don't pick up a lesser weapon (depending on which weapons you prefer), as the last weapon picked up will be your new weapon. I also think that if you loose a skweek, you also default back to the most basic weapon (single-shot-in-the-direction-you-are-facing weapon).

Hope this helps.