IGNORED

Need color proms for Pac-Man Plus cabinet

Okay, after reading the recommendations on this forum, I decided to buy one of those 96-in-1 Multipac kits for my newly acquired Pac-Man Plus machine. I e-mailed the guy at the website (http://home.everestkc.net/mdoyle/multipac.htm), and he told me that I need the original color proms in addition to his kit. He recommended "romsbytom" but he didn't have them. Anybody know where I can pick these up, and how much I'd be looking at price-wise? Thanks!

And to reply to mylself:

I checked my Pac Plus kit and they do in fact swap the program code and proms to change it over.  Also add that big security module.  Ah well was hoping it might save you an order for them.

Alan

Thanks, Alan- I thought, too, that Pac Plus was just a hack of Pac-Man, so I assumed also that the proms would be the same, but not the case. On a side note, I remember when Pac-man Plus came out in the arcade, and I knew that it was a licensed Midway release, but just recently found out that Namco (who licensed the original Pac-Man rights to Midway in the US) didn't "authorize" it, and were not happy with Plus, and that's why you don't see it on any of the new Namco Museum collections. This is probably old news to all of you, but I was wondering why Namco never seems to "recognize" Pac-Man Plus as one of their games.