IGNORED

Cuttle Cart 2 or All the Games?

Gregory DG

Because the point of a CC2 isn't just to play games. It's a great development tool.

And the point of collecting is collecting, not playing, though it does allow you to play them as well. Are you planning to sell off all your games just because there is now a 7800 emulator?

Also, the CC2 is a bit more portable than a box full of 7800 games. So you aren't forced to play them only at home. Now we need someone to make a 7800 portable system. (Unfortunately it won't have the advantage of Atari designing the 2600 with a small, sawable central core.)

Having already collected all the rarity 1-5 carts (along with a small selection of rarer titles), I plan to still keep that collection, even though I have a CC2. It is still enjoyable to have such a large collection of cartridges, plus it keeps my CC2 menu at an easily manageable size by keeping my cartridge games off of it.

I probably won't be buying more rare games, however, unless I happen upon them in the wild. I will, however, still buy homebrew games in the future to support their amazing efforts.

I'd rather own the games, but at the moment I own neither. The

CC2 is a great piece of hardware, and a way to play rare and

expensive games not available to the casual collector on a real

system. But for a "nostalgia" player like me who isn't really a

collector of rare games, I could easily buy a 2600 and all the games

I remember for less than a CC2+7800. That's why I sold

my CC2 rather than have it sit in my closet unused as I sadld don't

have enough time to play games to justify keeping one.

--The Eidolon

Obviously you can play all the hacks and the protos with the CC2. Now that I have a 7800 deck that is converted to use a conventional power supply, I have no problem hauling it from one place to another. I may even sell that dedicated 7800 power supply.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA