IGNORED

How do you rate Pit Fighter? I just bought one on ebay.

thx1138

I'm not much in to the fighting games so I can't give you my opinion on the game. If you like those kind of games I guess $182(US) isn't bad. I have seen people play some of these fighting games and I wonder how often the operators have to replace the control panels - people just beat the hell out of the buttons!

Quite a few people diss Pit Fighter because it has jerky animation and limited moves, but I quite like the gameplay. It's simple and satisfying, and also has crowd-pleasing audio sort of like Smash TV. And it's challenging to see how far you can get on one credit. (When fighting carefully consider your timing and distance of your strikes)

Also the three characters play quite differently from each other, which adds some nice variety. I think the black belt karate character is the coolest :P I played the Genesis and Lynx versions quite a bit, but they were not as cool as the arcade!

• 3 weeks later...

well, I finally beat the game :)

cough, well I say beat, I put the machine into configuration mode, and set it to free play and the easiest level and kept restarting. :|

Anyway, it's quite good fun, but much better in two player mode.

At the end when the credits rolled, it the ATARI logo was there. :D Surprised me.

Oh, and theres an option on the machine settings to turn the FBI message on or off.

Pit Fighter was VERY cool when it first came out. I remember being amazed by those digitized characters which were very large at a time when that was an oddity. The whole "Fight Club" atmosphere was really cool as well.

However Pitfighter hasn't aged very well. I saw it a few years ago at an arcade and bearly played it once, and only out of nostalgia. The fighting engine isn't very deep, and the once amazing graphics are now laughable. Still, if you got it for under $200 that's very cool.

Tempest

• 2 months later...

I remember that game, I worked on it. Played it so much during production that when I closed my eyes at night to sleep I could still see it. I especially liked the fact that there were so many employees used as characters in the game, a lot of friends - some of them long since gone now. Those were some great times, hope some day I have another job that I like as much as I did when I worked for ATARI... I should dust off that PCB and plug it in for a while, for old time sakes...

-Dave

Quite a few people diss Pit Fighter because it has jerky animation and limited moves, but I quite like the gameplay.  

Believe me, the choppy graphics were a lot worse on the Sega Genesis and Super NES.

Pit Fighter is a nice game overall. It's a plus if you're a fighting game fan. It's a bit different from the other fighting games that were just starting to emerge around that time like Street Fighter and Street Fighter II. You pick one of three guys with different abilities and take on opponents using knives, crates, and other junk on them. That certainly did set it apart.

My all time favorite video game is Burgertime. I love the game and was interested to hear that a sequel was made. It was called Peter Pepper's Ice Cream Factory, but from what I heard, the game was not very good. Anyone have more information? What was the game like?

I hear another sequel was planned called Pizzatime but it was canned. What a shame. I wonder if we'll ever see Sushitime.