IGNORED

HSC1 R11: Rainbow Walker

Goochman

Hehe... It's been so long since I played this game I pretty much forgot how it works.  :lol:

Yeah, this is the first time I have ever played this game, but after a while it is easy to figure out that the bird gets you if you stay too far forward, and the enemies chasing you are pretty quick, so you have to double jump to get away from them. :D

This is a pretty tough game though.

post-3803-1088370491_thumb.jpg

Hehe... It's been so long since I played this game I pretty much forgot how it works.  :lol:

Yeah, this is the first time I have ever played this game, but after a while it is easy to figure out that the bird gets you if you stay too far forward, and the enemies chasing you are pretty quick, so you have to double jump to get away from them. :D

This is a pretty tough game though.

Yeah. All I remember is that I used to play it all the time.

Always has been one of my fav's.

Folks,

I noticed something weird with the scoring - Please submit screenshots of the front page (like mine below) - When I lost my last life my score read 20035 but when the front apge came up it read 19955 - There may be some penalty for losing a man which is only calculated once your done.

rainbowwalker_s1_sck_800_11270.jpg

I noticed something weird with the scoring - Please submit screenshots of the front page (like mine below) - When I lost my last life my score read 20035 but when the front apge came up it read 19955 - There may be some penalty for losing a man which is only calculated once your done.

Also, don't let the demo play for a long time and then take a picture. For some reason after I let it sit there for a while and it went thru the demo a few times the score was bigger :? I think it counts some of the demo score (not all of it because I watched it again and it didn't go up)

So let it go to the final screen, and don't let it go thru the demo before taking a picture. :)

• Like 1

I got stuck on the level that has the outlines of squares that you have to jump around. It seems there is an "island" that doesn't have any accessible way to it. Do you have to get there by one of the white things that picks you up? I

Wow... I forgot about that. Yeah I think that is what you gotta do.

You can get the lightning and white things (bolts?) to drop you by pushing the joystick, so just wait and hope it does not release you mid-air.

Just to clarify a couple things in case some people didn't know.

You can double jump by holding the fire button.

You can diagonal jump.

You can double diagonal jump (supposedly), have not tried it.

Press your button to be released from a tornado or lightning bolt.

The tiled tiles (get it?) not only freeze the baddies, but if your quick you can kill them as well (and for points).

Stay away from the bird, if he catches you, a life is lost and all points obtained on that level.

If you colorize a row it stays permanently colored. Keep that in mind when developing your strategy.

Be careful when moving down at the bottom of the screen since you cannot see if there is an empty space below until the rainbow has moved.

The thing that bugs me most about this game is that the collision detection is kinda dodgy. In other words you get killed for contact that in a real 3d space would not count as contact. Anyways keep this in mind when playing. It's easy to slip into "3D" thinking.

If you colorize a row it stays permanently colored.  Keep that in mind when developing your strategy.

Do you mean that a horizontal row stays permanent, or a column (as seen going into the screen) stays permanent? I seem to remember from playing last night that if you complete a column, then you see a colored square flash over the whole column. I also thought that the badies discolored tiles, even if a row was complete... could be wrong.

Thanks for the hints, I still only got about 7700... I suck! :|